Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I've been waiting for the day when Amelia and Sam were big enough to carry their "babies" in a sling. Today was the day for Amelia. I tied some play silks (the best "toys" in the world) around her and nestled one of her dolls into it.

She squeezed her and kissed her and then went about her business (which is the beauty of wearing your babe after all.).

When she picked up the broom on her own accord I almost died! Little mamacita.

After a good bit of sweeping she suddenly ripped her baby out of the sling and threw it to the ground. We'll have to work on a more graceful exit:)

Anyway, melted my heart. I'll let you know how our little papa does.

In other news, we decided to secure Joelie's blog. So, if you've enjoyed reading it and would like to have access just e-mail him at jj5hunt@gmail.com. Hope you're having a great week! Jen

6 comments:

Court said...

How cute is that?! Love it! I'm sure she'll get more gentle as time goes on :)

ann.e said...

Oh my goodness, that is so cute!!! sweet little Me-me :) You'll have to show me how to tie up a sling too ... did I ever tell you I had a ring-sling for my dolls when I was little?

the bakks said...

Amelia is a pro! Well, aside from that last bit...haha...I just love the sweeping/slinging picture - priceless!

Jocelyn said...

that is too cute!! it's amazing how much kiddos pick up on everyday life watching their mommas!

TZ said...

I can't wait to walk around and "do business" while wearing my little person. I've just always thought that was the way to do things...ever since I saw the first person wear their purse across their shoulder. Hands free and keep what you love and need near and dear is the WAY TO GO!! And they get to learn the pace of life with you. Amelia is a star. I just want to kiss all that fuzzy hair sticking up sooo bad. So glad mom and dad will get to do that TOMORROW!! At least I can do it virtually thru them.
Love,
Shan

the schilps said...

inspired, i threw (i suppose i shouldn't say that ;)) asher in the sling yesterday, and i just cherished how he snuggled his blanket and laid his head on my shoulder. granted, it lasted about one minute tops, but i will take that minute. it is good to have them near you, isn't it?! love you, jenny.
abbe