Sunday, August 20, 2006

Texas trip, part 2

Let's see, where did I leave off?!

I think it was the Sunday of my first week. We went to Calvary Chapel and it was so much fun to be back there worshipping with those folks--comforting may be a better word than fun. I don't know...With our friend Lance and his son Marley up there rocking out it was pretty fun:) We really miss our Calvary family for sure church we went and ate with some friends at Furrs. I never would eat there before because the name sounded so disgusting but, hello, its cafeteria food and so I loved it! (I'm not being sarcastic...I'm a Luby's fanatic!) So, after that fantastic meal we went home and hung out for a bit and then Robin came over for a visit. We had a great time, got to hear some wedding plans(Make sure to read more about Robin in my post titled "Bub":), and then dad and I got started on our great running aspirations. Here is dad....stretching? Hee, hee. I love this picture:)

Then it was on to College Station to see sister-in-love Shanny. We had a great time eating, talking, laughing, talking, shopping,and talking some more. I always find myself talking until my eyes can no longer stay open and I fall asleep in the middle of some very important sentence! After my visit with Shanyn I headed to the little, bitty town of ???? I can't remember what it's called. Well, its outside of Brenham and its really pretty, rolling land. Anyway, more importantly, I got to have a visit, that was waaaay to short,with my dear friend Holly.

I also got to see Holly's son, the cutest godson a girl could have...Matthew Ryan Howard, and his new baby sister Megan.


Oh, yes and Holly is married to wonderful Travis who I don't have a picture of...sorry Travis!
After visiting the Howard family it was on to see Joel's grandma, AKA Gee Gee. Oh, what a wonderful time I had with Geeg. Her home is so welcoming, her heart is so precious, and her love for the Lord is so true and deep. I'll always remember the giggling that went on during this late night photo shoot:)

Also, while at Gee Gee's house my friend Anna came by--hurray!! I love my visits with Anna, we just take up right where we left off. She is my most frequent commenter on this blog too, (well, she and mom probably tie:)...so those of you who read comments can now put her beautiful face to her name.
From Tomball it was on to Granny and Papa's house. We celebrated Papa's 80th and Dad's 50th and had such a great time. Mom came up with the idea to make a banner where everyone drew something that represented a favorite memory with dad and with papa. I highly recommend this for family, or friend, celebrations...it was so meaningful. I love this picture of Granny explaining her favorite memory drawing to Papa. It was their wedding day.




There isn't much I love more than being with my family...miss you guys!
Next, we took Tara with us and headed back to Wimberley. Tara is my other lovely sister-in-law to be. She is such a whimsical, creative, interesting and interested love that John Mike has found.I can't wait to watch their life unfold together. I hope you all get to meet her. I loved our time together and look forward to much, much more.

Now all that was left was to say good-bye to Barney the basset hound, Mama kitty, the wonderful Wimberley house, and sweet mom and dad. I'll leave you with this parting shot....how can you resist those ears? Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a visit full of sweet memories. We all can't wait for the next visit to make some more memories. Just think, the next time you come your baby brother will be getting married. Great days ahead!!!!!!

anna said...

hey jenny..you forgot the most important part of our visit..eating at the rib tickler..yumm..love ya

Anonymous said...

Ellie says that she likes the puppy dog picture..and she siad, "woof, woof"

Anonymous said...

Anna,
Yes, I can't believe i forgot about Rib Tickler! I would do anything for one of those baked potatoes right now...mmmmm!

ps. glad ellie liked the Barney pic...he is pretty darn cute!