Thursday, August 10, 2006

Oh Boise!

We are, right this minute, sitting in a coffee shop in Boise Idaho! We are officially groupies following Bub and his band around (well,mostly bub:)on a road trip through Idaho, Wyoming, and Montana.We have been wanting to travel through these states for quite a while now, and what better time to do it then when we can hang out with my bub along the way. We were in Hailey, ID last night and watched them play at Brice Willis's club, The Mint. We even got to go backstage and on the bus :) I will post of picture of the club, but unfortunately I took the picture this morning and "Cross Canadian Ragweed" was already off of the marquee and some other group is up there. Anyhoo, you get the picture. It was such a cute mountain town. I had decided to move there until I picked up a real estate magazine and saw how outrageously expensive it is--yikes!! Anyway, we had a great time. The band had to leave right after the show and so we got to stay in their hotel room (that they hadn't even used) for free--it even had a jacuzzi in it:) Then we ate breakfast at a cafe, went to the cutest childrens' shop ever called " Polka Dot". Friends of mine with babies and kids, know that I wanted to buy them everything in that store! If I ever win the lottery I will go back and do just that:) So anyway, after Montana we'll go down to Colorado for Joel's cousin Michael's wedding and then make our way home on Saturday,the 19th! I am sooo excited to be on this trip and have so much time with Joelie--I'll try to post pictures along the way. Hope you all are doing well and enjoying these last days of summer, Jen
Joelie looking at the map in front of the hotel.Don't be fooled by this picture-- there is only one cool mountain biker in the family--but, hey, I have to at least try!
Our wonderfully free hotel--what an unexpected gift!!
The cutest store ever! Wooden toys galore,children's costumes with rich colors and beautiful fabric, fun hats and shoes, ribbon,cards...too much fun!
This is "The Mint" where the band played. Apparently the crowd stank but I had a grand time sitting in a comfy booth where I could see the crazy crowd, bub working away with the guitars, etc. , and the band all at the same time:)
So I guess these are the hanging baskets you get in your town if you pay a bizillion dollars to live there:) Aren't they beautiful?!
That's all for now folks...I'm off to dinner with the Joels:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun to get to be a BUB groupie. The area you are in looks beautiful. I will be curious to see how many miles you will have traveled by the time you get to Colorado. Did you get any pictures of Bub? I know he likes his picture taken as much as I do. I know this has got to be such a great break for Joel Hunt. A nice time for him to catch his breath before the next classes.

Anonymous said...

wow..you guys get to have so much fun..take lots of pictures so I can be there to..kinda..love anna