Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Lovely Indeed...

Lovely indeed are my memories from this summer vacation. I’ll give them to you slowly as I take time to savor my trip. For the first five days of the trip I just relaxed with mom and dad at their new house by the river.We decorated, organized, read, laid by the river, floated in the river, laughed, ate, talked, walked...it was so restful and fun.


Then on Thursday I went to Seguin where I worked last year in the Adult Ed department. This began a wonderful weekend full of friends.
First, my trip to Seguin to see my ESL students…
Generous in spirit and expressive in their words and deeds is how I would describe this precious group(don’t believe for a second the “tough guy” poses of the two in front). They continually make me feel loved and cherished and I treasure my time with them. Thank you for loving me, you sweet students!
Also on my trip to Seguin I got to see my sweet friend Sharon who now teaches these students. What a completely selfless thing for her to help them keep in touch with me! She and Judy(who also worked in the Adult Ed department with us) and I had such a great reunion (I can’t believe I didn’t get a picture of you Judye!) . We only had a small chunk of time but instantly were chatting as if I never left. A few days later Judye and I visited Carolyn (again, a former Adult Ed buddy!) and got to see her cutie patootie granddaughters. I miss these Seguin women—what wonderful friends they are!!

Next, I got to see Elizabeth and baby Cambria. Elizabeth is a friend that I met in Hawaii and will be forever friends with. Elizabeth says things that seem to come straight from the deepest part of my heart but I have never articulated before. It is wonderful to have a friend who shares the same heart values and desires. Her husband Jason and Joelie are such great friends as well and that is such a gift for the four of us to have such a bond.What a sweet time we had in Saledo.

My friend Jennifer and her momma Jami came and brought baby Mia with them to Wimberley. We had such a great time catching up, shopping in town, playing with Mia….Jennifer and I have been friends since the 6th grade. She was the beautiful , mysterious one and I was the ragamuffin brutally honest one and somehow we just fit together. What a privilege to get to see her a new, wonderful mommy!

Stay tuned for pictures of my soon to be sisters in love, my Shanny sis in love, and much more:) Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenny. My eyes are filled with tears as I looked at the pictures and read your precious words. You just bring such a ray of sunshine into our lives. I can hardly wait until school starts. I plan on having all the computers up with your website so the students can see and read all the beautiful things you had to say about them. You will always have a special place in our hearts.

Many blessings on you,
Sharon

Anonymous said...

I am keeping up with you two. The pictures just make me miss you both though. Erich is taking on the youth ministry at Calvary, he has been filling in for Lance a bit. Lance stepped down last week and Erich stepped up. We are blessed the kids love him!
We miss you both-
Love in Christ, Christy Michaels