Sunday, August 13, 2006

Bubapalooza....

Well, our days as groupies are over for now. We got to see bub and the band in Hailey, Boise, and Challis ID, and then we drove off into the sunset towards Montana. Here are some pictures from our time hanging out on the bus,the drive from Boise to Challis, the outdoor festival in Challis, and one of our campsite where we could ride our bikes back and forth to the festival.
The boys hanging out on the bus before the Boise show.
Such a classic bub photo that Joelie took...I love it.




The drive from Boise to Challis was soooo beautiful! At one point during the drive Joelie said, " I hope things get uglier soon, I don't know if my heart can take much more of this." I hope I never forget these moments when Joel feels so full of joy that he could burst. Of course not every moment is perfect (car sickness was my reason for hoping the scenery changed soon:), but overall the oohing and aahing over backwoods cabins, making each other laugh by saying the most ridiculous things when we start to get bored, stopping at a gas station to get treats right after having a serious conversation about the need to "eat more whole foods", watching my husband and my brother laughing and loving music together...it has all made for some pretty wonderful days.





After saying our goodbye's to bub and thanking him for a wonderful groupie experience, we headed out from the festival towards Missoula, Montana. We got here late last night tired and a bit sunburned only to find there was no room at the inn. No room at any inns in town, in fact. A really nice lady from Super 8 called a place 4 miles out of town and he said that he had one more room, couldn't vouch for its cleanliness, and that he would only be here for thirty more minutes and wasn't waiting around--yikes!! We zipped out of town and hoped for the best. We pulled in and a man with a hunting cap and alarmingly large belly told us that the room was still available--whew! I asked hesitantly if they had wireless internet, and he said, "Wireless internet.I think they may have hooked that up last week." I was a little dubious but you never know. We got to our room, which was in fact clean, and I pulled out the laptop and tried. What do you know?! So, I happily checked my e-mail and then we fell into bed thankful not to be sleeping in the car. We had a wonderful nights sleep and woke up to find that this little motel is surrounded by beautiful green mountains! We decided to stay here again tonight since it's clean, cheap and not far from the town we are so ready to explore. So off we go...I'll let you know what we find.Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun time with your two Joels. I can't believe how beautiful it all is. Now I need more pictures of the photographer. :)

anna said...

wow..that all i can say..everything is so beautiful..the mts. the river..everything..wow..keep taking pictures..love anna