Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Back to "Normal"

Gone is the first day teaching--hurray! My body was in a bit of shock when the alarm went off at 6...but you know, I'll get used to it again. It feels good to be productive. After i got home from work Joel and I were walking to eat at the burrito place down the street and we saw "the pink guy". Have I told you about him before? Poor guy, he is definitely a bit mentally ill but seems to do pretty well in this little niche of SLC, and the thing is he ALWAYS wears pink Well, there he was in all his glory. He had on pink jogging pants, a white t-shirt, a pink backpack, his pink hair, a pink key holder and his pink water bottle. So the point is that when I saw him walking in front of us I thought to myself, "Yep, we're home from summertime travels and things are back to normal." Then the thought quickly changed to "This is what normal is for us?!" Well, I guess it is:) Walking around the neighborhood, seeing all the various characters that live near us, eating together and talking about our days.... It's a good normal i think. Oh, Tom and Cristy, i wanted to tell you that we copied the dinner you guys made for us,modified it to fit the contents of our freezer, and had a wonderful dinner last night of turkey burgers, corn on the cob, sweet potato fries,and fruit...yummy!!!We are fixing it again on Thursday when some friends come over:) Off to work on lesson plans, Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that supper sounded great. I am going to cook for the first time in some time tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. I'll let you know how it goes! So the pink guy is still around. How about the purple van??? Have you checked on the flamingos lately? I am so curious as to what they do in a real winter.

Anonymous said...

Hi Momma,

Whatcha making?
Alas, the purple van is gone:( Maybe he is just road tripping for the summer. No flamingo sightings either...Liberty Park just isn't as fun w/o you!

Anonymous said...

No purple van or pink flamingos????
I cooked chicken enchiladas. Walking to the river without you IS NOT THE SAME! Miss you, mom