Monday, December 09, 2013

Advent: Day 9

Nothing particularly advent-ish about today. We did have a lovely start to the morning with some good, focused lesson time. Studying Saint Lucia and also winter animal behavior this week, such fun and interesting topics! We love Jan Brett books, don't you? "The Mitten" is a particular favorite and we read it several times over the weekend and then today the kids narrated it back to me, we discussed how the animals liked to snuggle in the mitten because of the cold and which ones really hibernate, etc. Anyway, Brett has some great, free activities on her website and so I printed some off last night and we did some this morning. Fun stuff. 
The younger two had a pretty fussy day today, one because of a continued lack of naps, and one not feeling well. You know, the gap in ages is still tricky for me and particularly with homeschooling. When the babies are needy, and there is school is waiting to be done, the needs of the babes usually come first. It can be frustrating to say the least. But this I know- I love these babies (and having babies in general:) and I love homeschooling my big kids and I'm determined to keep on keeping on. I'm just thankful the kids are usually so content, and actually elated that they get to play while I rock, nurse, comfort, distract, etc. the younger two. This afternoon they played trains forever, watched a Curious George Christmas show, played in the snow, they rode plasma cars in the basement...not a bad afternoon. Still, I can feel guilty when I don't get everything  done with them that I hoped to. Sighhh.
Anyway, there ya go. Precious kids, all four, and I'm thankful beyond words that I get to spend my days with them, tricky as some days may be. 
Love to you! Jen



1 comment:

ann.e said...

I'm loving your daily posts!!
That's such an uncharacteristic photo of Oliver! Poor guy : (