Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Advent: Day 1



The advent Christmas book reveal (their excitement worth the crazy amount of time it took to wrap those things!) in the morning, and an advent Sparkle story with peppermint Jo-jos and Legos in the evening before story time and bed. 
The anticipation has begun...the magical season of celebration is here. How I hope to turn my eyes and heart to the Lord during this season! 
I don't have a lot planned, just our our advent readings, this new Sparkle story tradition, we'll decorate soon and make cinnamon ornaments and a few other holiday crafts. We will celebrate Saint Nicolas Day and Saint Lucia day with friends...and of course, read lots of winter and Christmas books and drink lots of hot chocolate. We will be road tripping to Texas this Christmas and just the need to get all of those logistics planned makes my need for simplicity during the season even greater! Yikes! 
I hope you are well. I hope you feel more thankful than overwhelmed. It's what I'm striving for this year. Love to you, Jen

No comments: