Saturday, December 07, 2013

Advent: Day 7

Snow, snow, snow! My goodness it is cold and snowy. 
This evening Joel began his cranberry bread making extravaganza, a tradition that his dad has and that Joel has adopted- so yummy! This went along perfectly with our advent countdown book from yesterday, " You can do it,Sam". It's been a favorite for years and is about a little bear who delivers bread to friends and neighbors for Christmas. So, Sam and Amelia got to deliver a loaf tonight, "all by themselves" (with Joel watching). They l o v e this tradition!
My goal for this evening was to get started on wrapping, but I have a baby that has had a hard time resting today and is currently snuggled in my arms sleeping. So, I'm forced to catch up on Shark Tank with my window blinds open to see the snow fall. Not a bad way to end the day. Except that the smell of cranberry bread is wafting up the stairs and making me hungry!!;) Happy 7th day if advent, Jen

1 comment:

ann.e said...

I've never seen that book before! we have another about the same bear, very cute. will look this one up.. .was wondering anyway what your favorites have been!