Saturday, December 20, 2008

Walkin' in a winter wonderland....





It was a beautiful, snowy morning for our first family sledding trip! It was NOT a beautiful morning getting geared up (and down--did we smell poop?--nope, all that undressing for nothing--ahh!!!) and out the door. Once we got there and saw the babes getting used to the snow and then reveling in it, it was worth all of the hassle. It was magical really. I couldn't stop smiling.

Tonight is Christmas dinner with Anne and Ben and Vera, Monday my mama comes (hurray, hurray!), and all the while there will be peppermint sticks and Christmas music and maybe even a little decorating. I may not be together enough to get Christmas cards out or have my tree decorated(!), but I do love this Christmas season. And though I will miss being with the rest of our family, cozying inside and just slowing down does sound lovely. Especially as the snow swirls around us. Happy celebration time to you friends, Jen

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh oh, i don't think I have the right wardrobe!!!! I was sweating today after running down Guadelupe. I had to park too far from the store I was going to! Can't wait to see all 4 of you Hunts.

Jocelyn said...

Oh that looks so wonderfully beautiful. Have a wonderful time with your momma. It will be quite a change for her with all our up and down weather here!

Anonymous said...

Sledding in SugarHouse Park...can't get much better than that...give the babes a few more years and they'll be pros...pushing their ole mom and dad! :) However, Sammers looks like he might need a little encouragement at this point! ha!

Fun snow memories for your little family! gma

Shanna said...

SOOOOO beautiful! Glad to see the gloves staying put! ;> I'm getting tired of saying, "I'm jealous" so I'll spare the comment and try to enjoy our 75 degree weather! ;>

Shanna said...

Hey, what was that website you posted on my blog awhile back (I couldn't find it) of the place with all of the wooden toys?? Thanks, shanna

The Bakers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.