Friday, December 12, 2008

20 months old. How can it be?

Dear Sam (AKA Sammers, Sammy, Boo bear, Mr. Sam, brother, brother bear, Punkin, bubs, bubu....)

When I think of you these days I think of funny faces, of your love for working, of your continued love of "TUCKS!" and buses. I think of the way you sit so still at your little table and eat all of your food, and you still sleep like a log all night long and take deep, long naps. I think of your sensitive spirit and all of the snuggles and all of the struggles that it brings with it. I think of your sweet, sweet voice when you say, "mama. mama. mama. dada. dadoo. daddy." I think of how you are saying more words, many of them sounding very similar to the way your little "mama" sister says them. I think of your love for jumping, running, turning in circles, swinging those arms, looking at book after book, puzzles, playing chase or peek a boo of any kind. Your sly little sideway glances. The way you carry your little snack trap with you everywhere. I think it's your lovey. Oh Sammers, I love you. A lot. A lot lot lot.

At 20 months you:
Weigh: A wee 22lbs :) I think you're going to be long and lean like my brothers. Why oh why do the boys inherit those genes?

Say: Lots of things. But mostly, bug, bus, "tuck", shoe, sock, "NACK!", coooold, boot, dog, book, mama (finally!), dada, poo poo, pee pee, and probably lots of other things that I am forgetting. You still like to sign, and your favorites right now are sad, more, hurt, cracker, bus and please.

Don't like: Diaper changes (um, this has been going on for long enough. man o man o.) Clothes changes. Any changes really. Transitions are hard. People invading your space. Except for mama and dadoo.

I think I covered your likes above.

Until next month you little man, Mama


Dear Amelia (AKA Melia, Mils, Millie, sister, punkin bug, boo bear...)

When I think of you I think of kisses galore. I think of my little mama who loves to care for her babies and for her brother. I think of your love for ring stackers and containers that open and close. While brother has lots of highs and lows, you sail through each day on a pretty even note. Not to say that you aren't expressive! I don't think anyone could think of you and not think of your wide eyed expressions. Oh how they keep us laughing. Those shoulder scruntches, those head turns, those boo boo lips, those belly laughs, that sad, sad face when signing hurt or when you hear someone crying. I think of the way you go and plop down beside brother when he is on the time out mat. Amelia, you are such a joy to my heart.

At 20 months:

You weigh: 22lbs. Just a few more ounces than Sammy, which shocked us all because you feel so much heavier!

Your favorite words to say are: Brother, mama, dada, cracker, coooold, snow, BAAAAYbeeee, nigh nigh, piece (as in "give me a piece!"), and many more!
You like to sign cracker, bus, frog, coat, star, sun, cooooold and lots more!

You don't like: To sit still and eat for very long or share:)

I love you my wild haired, expressive, fun loving, affectionate little girl, Mama


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen...you will be sooo happy "down the road" that you so lovingly and carefully recorded these precious memories of the babies! And they will love all the details!

oh yes...and I remember Sammers says "treasure"...that shocked us, didn't it! :)

CUTE diapers! Are they new?? I love their rocking chair play! ofcourse, I just love them....and you and joel :) gma

ann.e said...

I love these two!

Oberg family said...

you sure have a way with words little mama

Sarah H said...

Too cute in their nighttime nappies!

The Klentzmans said...

here's to wild haired girls.... : ) Love you all!