Sunday, December 28, 2008

A little peek for you...

Into this winter season,the babes dancing and running and playing, our Christmas morning, our much loved Learning Tower (gift from my grandparents to the babes), etc.

A few notes on the video:

No, I didn't wrap their presents this year. They would be much less excited to run into the room and see a bunch of wrapped presents than to see their new rocking animals and wooden blocks and cars that they received from their mammy and Papa, etc. They still don't get the whole "unwrapping" thing yet, though Sam did get into it a bit towards the end when unwrapping some gifts sent from TX family. We kept it really simple this year for them. I think all Joel and I got them was a "quiet time" rug from Ikea, a wooden barn I got half price months ago, and the little radio flyer ride-on toy I found for $8 at a resale shop--yiippie!:) Plus, our families are delightful when it comes to listening to our desire for simple, open-ended, "no batteries needed" toys and they received plenty of wonderfulness.Thanks family!

Yes, you may see some pink shoes on Sammy. What can I say? Amelia got them for Christmas. Sam wanted to wear them around the house. Who cares? Well, besides Joelie. Sorry sweets.

Lots of people ask if the babes fight a lot or if they play well together. Well, I'm happy to report that though they have their moments (of course), these two love each other so obviously. The kisses. The wrestling matches (seriously). The giggles and chasing and climbing and the following each other around. It really is precious and I'm growing more and more thankful that they have each other each day.

Without further ado....

6 comments:

Shanyn Zink said...

If that's not THE CUTEST thing I've ever seen, I don't know what is.
Ooohhh. Sigh. I'm just almost ill that I can't be there and join in on the fun of them growing up. They sooo BIG!!
Love,
Auntie

Anonymous said...

Loved every second! Thank you sooo much for capturing all these adorable moments! Love watching Sammers run so fast; Amelia feeding Sam! The joy of Christmas morning and on and on! I agree with SZ...that is the CUTEST video!gma

Jana said...

Thanks for giving us a glimpse into your world. A & S are adorable. How fun to have a playmate ALL the time! :) -jana

Joel said...

Way to go Sammers, dancin' to Dylan...you make me proud little guy!

-Uncle Bub

Anonymous said...

My mom never wrapped Christmas morning presents. We always opened family presents Christmas eve and then Santa Christmas morning. I know not everyone does Santa but I cannot tell you the magic (Santa or not) of seeing my presents dispayed just for me even as a teenager. There were four of us and we never got confused we always knew exactly what was for us. Wonderful memories.

T-Rae said...

Where did you get the little standing tower they are in at the end of the video?? That looks great!