Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Togetherness Series--Part 8

Side by Side Edition:

So, you two, lately your togetherness has been almost edible it is so yummy. Of course there are the moments when you don't want to share or what have you--but mostly you are together by choice. Following each other around the yard. Walking in circles around the house dragging your blankets behind you and squealing in delight at your grand game, dining at your little table together and feeding each other food, screaming and laughing across your room to each other before naps/bedtime, chasing each other through your tunnel, giving kisses to each other, copying each other's new words...just living life side by side. One thing you do that I love is while playing in the back yard one of you will plop down in the grass. Then the other comes along and plops down beside you, facing the opposite direction. There you will sit and play with the dirt, look at the sky, pick the grass. It is so appropriate that you always sit and face the opposite direction.

You are each other's yin and yang. So entirely different, and yet experiencing life together and having so much fun with it. It makes me thankful these days. Thankful that you have each other to sit next to and learn about the world.

_____________________________________________

Today Joel was doing some wood work in the garage while the babes played in the yard. I was in our bedroom doing something really important on the computer (hi blogging friends:). The window was open and I suddenly noticed that it had been a while since I had heard any baby sounds. I looked out the window and saw no babes and so I ran outside to ask Joel where they were. He said, "they were just right here!" as we dashed around looking for them. Here is where we found them. Oblivious to us, we stood and watched them for a while until I tore myself away to grab the camera. This is not an exciting video. But I wanted to document it because it made me appreciate the fact that they have each other. That sitting in the backyard feeling the breeze and playing with a stick isn't lonely if you have someone there with you. I love that they choose to sit together. I hope it's a choice that continues for a long time to come.



P.S. As I've been waiting for this video to upload the babes have been in our room playing while I am sitting on our bed. So far they have tickled each other until they fell on the floor laughing, chased each other around the room, climbed inside our closet and played peek a boo w/ each other...Now they are both laying on the floor next to each other looking at pamplets about the store Ten Thousand Villages. Yes, I would say that their togetherness is hitting a whole new level.

Now they are crying together, though, and ready to move on to a new activity so I must go! Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually this is a great video because it is just so "them"...just hangin' out together and loving their natural environment. Is Sam saying "see"? or "stick"? Of course, I am SURE he is speaking in sentences...giving the diameter, length, and species of the tree!!! gma! :)