Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Looks like his dream is coming true...

So, a few weeks ago we were taking a Sunday drive through a beautiful canyon. I was full of caffine and talking on and on about my hopes and dreams for our family, things I want to improve on in regards to managing our house and making it a lovely place to be. Etc. etc. etc. Anyway, in the midst of my soliliquey we heard a series of very loud toots erupt from the back seat and we both started cracking up laughing (because we are so mature:). As we quieted down Joel said, "Well, I'll tell you something I dream about for our family." He sounded so sincere. I was so curious and excited to hear what he was going to say. I should have seen it coming. He said,

" I really want our home to be fart-friendly." WHAT?!?! He went on to explain, very sincerely, that he wanted our children to be able to let loose whenever they needed to with out fear of feeling ashamed or belittled. He said that when in public or when company is over they will know that they need to always excuse themselves to another room if possible, but with family they should feel A-OK about their need to pass gass.

Oh my. Actually, my home growing up was a very "fart-friendly" house (hi brothers and dad) and so all of this made sense in some very weird sort of way to me. Mother-in-love Shari, can I just apologize ahead of time for all that is written in this post. ) (Just kidding. I've already told her this story and she thought it was a hoot.)

Anyway, Joel's dream is already coming true. When Amelia toots I always say, "Oops(that may not be a fart-friendly term--I'll have to ask Joel), Amelia tooted. Excuse you Melia." And then.....well then........let's just say that Sam tries his hardest to toot as well. I'm not kidding!
So, Joel, there you go. Your children are only 17 months old and are already creating the kind of atmosphere you dream of having in your home:)

And here, dear readers, are some sweet pictures to try and erase these words from your mind...

The most handsome boys you'll ever meet:) :


This is how the babes walk around with their blankets when they wake up. Yes, Sam's blanket is pink. It just is. I don't even really remember how that came to be. Anyway, they used to drag their blankets around but they were always stepping on them and so, I started putting them around their necks and they love it:)


Amelia and Vera walking into one of the little vine houses at the Children's Garden that we love oh,so much.


Inside the vine house sits the cutest little boy on the cutest little chair.


Fall.


Amelia outside after it rained:)


That's all for now. And Joel, I know you have many more , wonderfully depthy dreams for our little family. I just shared this one because it makes me laugh every time I think about it. There are many precious moments daily that I could post about your relationship with S and A. Like last night when I came home from an important errand (to Blockbuster). and you were rocking both of them in the nursery because Sam was having a hard time going to sleep. So. Sweet.

Much love this night,
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! you didn't tell me about 40 rock :) cute pictures, especially the blanket one - amelia looks like she's trying to model.

the table..... why perhaps we could borrow it for a bit! that would be great!

-anne

Anonymous said...

what sweet memories of our fart friendly, animal friendly, kid friendly, home.
Enjoy!
Love,
Grammy

the bakks said...

I'd like to retitle this post to "looks like everyman's dream is coming true in our house" :)

Made me laugh!