Friday, April 11, 2008

Birthday letters from their Papa...





Dear Sammy,

Buddy, you bring me so much joy. Do you know that? Do you know all you have to do is sit there and play with your toy or gaze out the window at the passing shadows or lie on the floor and kick your feet and you bring immense happiness? I am so thankful for you and love you more than I know how to tell you. You have so many amazing qualities about you. You love people. You are now 1 years old and it is evident that you love people. That is a quality that I pray you hold on to. You smile with your eyes and face and entire body. You are content. You love your sister. You love to see me when I come home as if I just saved all humanity from the brink of disaster. You make me feel like a hero, and for doing nothing more than walking through the door. You Love your mom. You love food. You’re getting so good at grabbing food and putting it in your mouth, something I’m good at too. Probably got those skills from me. Sam, you love bath time more than anyone I have ever known. You bring more joy than you can ever imagine to our hearts.

I love you so much Sammy,
Dad



‘Melia,

My beautiful baby girl. There is something about a daughter that sends a dad straight into the clouds. You are wonderful. Your energy is contagious and real. Your curiosity is ceaseless; unquenchable. You always want to know. You always want to be with people. You are suspicious of people until you feel comfortable with them, don’t ever lose that. You are full of passion and emotion and gusto. You are endearing. You love your momma so much. You make me feel so important when I come home, like I should be reporting something to the flashing cameras. I would tell them that you are beautiful and funny and absolutely wonderful. Did you know I love you so much? I love you and can’t wait to get home each day to be able to hold and kiss my beautiful little baby girl. Did you know you rip my heart out each time you crawl straight for me when I walk through the door or I leave the room and you start in with your whimpering and crying (even if it is fake)? Amelia, you are pure joy.

I love you so much,
Dad

4 comments:

Shanyn Zink said...

Ah, yes, if you want to know what I REALLY thought would be the best gift for Amelia & Sam on their 1st birthday was to write a letter for them to read when they get older....SOOO I am SOOOO glad you did this brother. It was SO cool to them from your "heart lens".
I KNOW that's one gift they will cherish forever.
Love to you my brother and now Dad!! of two beautiful inspiring fun endearing enrapturing children. What a GREAT start you've given them in a relationship with you.
Love,
Sister Shan

Shanyn Zink said...

oops!...I meant to say "it was so cool to see them..."

Jocelyn said...

Happy birthday Sam and Amelia. Jenny and Joel- what an amazing milestone and a joyous celebration. I know you are in awe of all they have overcome and how they have grown... I am, and I have just been watching their lives through pictures! They are just wonderful and beautiful babies. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Anonymous said...

i love that joel hunt! thanks for sharing your sweet heart with those sweet babes.
grammy