Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Slowly,slowly, I am returning....

From the land of evil mastitis. We thought it was a really bad case of the flu....I would shiver until my teeth would chatter and then throw off the wool blanket and beanie as i would burn up. Fever, nausea, body aches, the works. Then I went to take a shower and noticed that my breast was really red....Joel put it all together and we called the after hours midwife. She agreed that it sounded like a classic breast infection and called in a perscription for me.

The Lord was so faithful in having the Hunts here while I ws down for the count. They took total care of the babes while Joel was at work! All I did was pump and breastfeed, which was difficult as my milk production went way down ( right after pouring out all of that expired milk!) . I think it is slowly coming back but I may still have a plugged milk duct so I am soaking in the tub, using a hot compress, etc.

Jim and Shari left this morning so Joel took off of work to give me another day to recover, Anyway, just wanted to let you know what has been going on. Hopefully our little household will be functioning normally soon and I'll post some cute pictures of the babes! Jen

6 comments:

Court said...

Oh Jen ~ hope you feel better soon! So glad that Jim & Shari were there to help out.

Tammy said...

Oh, Jen, I'm so sorry you've had mastitis. I never got it but have heard it is so miserably awful. God is good to have had your in-laws there to help out. Do you need anything else? A meal? Some vacuuming? Call me if either of those or something else would help you out. We could even bring by some take n bake pizza tonight - Loren is getting one for us so to get another for you would be no biggie. Let me know.

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

Jenny! When I read your post, I sighed, "Oh no!" I pray for speedy recovery dear friend!!! Double ouch!! Take good care~ Love, Elizabeth

the bakks said...

Ugh! So sorry, Jenny! I'll pray that your milk supply and you recover quickly! :)

Anonymous said...

Did anybody ever make a pallet?
Call me...
p.s. Barney is improving and oh, so happy.

Shanyn Zink said...

Jen, Grandma Maurine, Tim and I prayed for you this AM around her pink and white roses bkfst table. Diane Cutaia felt bad also when I told her about you - she might pray too. Love you! Shan