Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I love this...

"If mothers could learn to do for themselves what they do for their children, we should have happier households. Let the mother go out to play! If she would only have courage to let everything go when life becomes too tense, and just take a day, or half a day, out in the fields, or with a favorite book, or in a picture gallery looking long and well at just two or three pictures, or in bed, without the children, life would go on far more happily for both children and parents."
Charlotte Mason

My friend Anne and I acted on this quote today and spent a few hours on our own. We were seriously giddy as she picked me up and we left our men with the babes (thanks guys!) and we rolled down the windows and we zoomed away. Now, admittedly, 95% of our conversations centered around our little families and 100% of our purchases from our shopping trip will adorn the wee little bodies of our babies.....but still! It was so much fun and I really think Charlotte Mason knew her stuff:)

Of course, these little love bugs and their papa were wonderful to come home to....they had a great time taking a long walk to the ice cream shop, Old Navy, etc. Joel called and let me know that all was well.....which did a great deal to set my heart at ease.





I also love this random Big Bird video from the 1970's....

Yes, I did just post a video of Big Bird talking about breastfeeding. You know you think it's sweet too:)

All for now, Jen

4 comments:

the schilps said...

oh my gosh, jenny. i loved that big bird video so much i posted it to our blog. my favorite part "it's warm, and sweet, and natural." wow, that is funny.

love
abbe

Unknown said...

man, hippies are hillarious! What is that great beady thing hanging in her hair? I wonder what the FCC and media would do if that were to air on Sesame Street today? I think that even though breast feeding is one of the most ultimately feminine things that God gave us the gift of doing, it would be the women's rights ladies who would have the hayday. Sad...

Shanyn Zink said...

Ok, Tim & I (both elect candidates for the sister/brother interview) are both throwing down the "Just Married Delay" card. We both just discovered that we each both printed out the questions and MEANT to do them. But alas. We actually have 2 more "Just Married Delay" cards in our hand. However, we hope to not have to use them. Now, we know you could trump us with a "Just Had Twins" card, but well, give us a "Get Out of Embarrassment" card please and don't trump yet. Thanks,
Love Your SISTER IN LOVE

Howard's said...

in the words of Charlie Brown,"Oh good grief!"..... that's classic!