Thursday, October 25, 2007

I have it SO together....

So I was leaving Paradise (if you are new to the blog Paradise is the bakery we visit, ahem, every morning)and I had yet another humbling experience. I think Motherhood is another word for humbling!

I was on my way out with the double stroller and I saw several people glance at the door like , "Should I go get the door for her? Poor thing, how does she get in and out of places with that thing?" I hate to admit this, but I was having a really smug conversation in my head that went something like this....

I was imagining two customers. One was saying, " Oh man, how is she going to get out the door with that?" Then the other says, "Oh no, she is here every morning and she can actually get in and out the door easily. She is a pro with that thing!"
Why am I admitting this? It is so embarrassing! What can I say, I am a sharer! So, I am having this silly conversation in my head as I confidently back open the door as I have done a million times,and once it is open I swing the stroller straight with one hand and get ready to let go of the door. I am smiling at my smooth maneuver ("No help needed here!") and start to walk away but something isn't right. I can't move away from the door. My back is somehow stuck to the door! Frantically, I try twice more to move forward, hoping that if I just move forcefully enough the whole situation would end quickly, but alas I am pulled back toward the door. What the?! I look behind me and see that my belt loop is hooked on the door lock!! It took a minute, but I managed to extricate myself from the lock and quickly walk away, the proud imaginary customer disappearing completely from my mind .

I don't make this stuff up guys, I just report it. I was going to keep this jewel to myself, but I told my mom and we giggled so hard that I decided to share it with you. Then again,we giggle at a lot of things that many others wouldn't find that amusing at all:) Anyways, here is to another humbling, exhausting, wonderful day of motherhood!

6 comments:

Court said...

Jen ~ full of laughter...full of grace! :)

Anonymous said...

You're so funny! So cute!

the bakks said...

That was funny...doors in public places + strollers = not so much a great combo. :) And with a double stroller...well, I can only imagine!

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

I read your post and completely shake my head up and down in a uh-huh I see it all. And I am can relate to making up what other people may be saying about awkward situations I get myself into. (esp.going in and out of the library with a squrimy toddler and a grocery pull-cart full of books twice a week) Lots and lots of laughs. Love you Jenny-share away!!

Anonymous said...

Jenny that is nothing I do things worse than that everyday and my kids are old enough to be an audience with a few comments. Just yesterday we went to walmart to get some things and I was putting groceries in the car and I put the pumpkin on top of the roof because I was going to set it up front with me, but first I needed to buckle Ellie in her carseat. I thought to myself don't forget that thing up there. And yes sure enough I forgot the thing up there.. John could hardly wait to tell his dad about the nice woman who waved us down from her car to save the poor pumpkin.. and yes I will sign my name.. slowly loosing my mind anna

Anonymous said...

It let me comment!!!!! I have read and reread the blog and laugh each time. Reading Anna's comment made me laugh all over. I am laughing with you guys not at you. Just wait until you get to go to the grocery store wearing the paper earrings and carrying the paper purse your sweet little boy made for you. What wonderful memories!