Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sister to brother: An interview


Lately I have really been missing my siblings and my siblings- in- love. I just wish they were next door ( or at least in the same state) to chat with, to love on the babies, to enjoy this growing, evolving family we share. I miss their thoughts. So I emailed them and asked them some questions to reconnect, to be able to find out things that I didn't know about them even while being so far away. I haven't been disappointed.

The first to respond was John Michael. Surprised? He's good at that. My baby brother..... in many ways I have him stuck at fourteen, as that is the age he was when I got married. He was still a baby faced boy and now suddenly he is a man that is about to become a papa. I am and always have been so proud to have John Mike as a brother. So proud of his talent, his character, his focus and his heart. I miss our late night talks, little brother, and can't wait to watch Amelia and Sam one day as they chat late into the night about all things under the sun. Here, for you dear readers, is a little glimpse into John Mike.....

Jenny: What is one thing that you love about your life
right now? Please be specific.

John Mike: I love my history of popular music class. It's so
interesting. It's helping me re-evaluate my existence
as a musician.

Jenny: Tell me about a vivid childhood memory.

John Mike: Well there was that time I was going to fake throw an
orange at your face, however it managed to slip out of
my hand and hit you right between the eyes.
sorry.....

Jenny: What is one way you fit creativity into yourlife?

John Mike: Songwriting... Playing instruments....
wearing particularly strange outfits ect.

Jenny : One way you hope to make this world a better
place?

John Mike: Love my little girl. Love my wife. Love my
family. Love my enemies. Love my neighbors. and
create music that somehow pleases our Savior.

Jenny :One thing you love about your wife….details.

John Mike: Tara has great taste in
music, food, movies, books and so on.. She is so very
compassionate and she is already going above and
beyond to prepare herself to become a wonderful
little momma.

Thanks for playing along JM--we love you! Jen

No comments: