Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Sister to sister: An interview


My sister in luv Robin is lots of things that I want to be....organized, efficient, a great home manager and cook, as hospitable as you can possibly be, kind, compassionate, and respectful and so very loving to her husband. I'm so glad her husband is my big brother, "Bub"!

So, here is the second in my series of sibling interviews( If you missed out on John Mike's, scroll down until you see the black and white photo of the cutie playing a guitar). Hope you enjoy getting a glimpse into our sweet Robin........

Siblings: An Interview: Number 2

JENNY: What is one thing that you love about your life right now? Please be specific.

ROBIN: Hmmm. Just one? I love being married. I know that’s not so “specific” but it’s new to me. The idea of spending the rest of my life with this person…knowing that I’ll always be there for him and his family and he will do the same for me and mine. It’s a great sense of security and…bliss.

JENNY: Tell me about a vivid childhood memory

ROBIN: The summer before first grade I was playing in the backyard with my neighborhood friends. We dared each other to run up the slide with our eyes closed. I was the last one to go and I fell off the top and broke my arm. I remember my dad carrying me out of the yard to the car and my friends saying that they were just playing – they had their eyes open. I wasn’t really supposed to close them. Heh…either an early lesson in trust or friendship, not sure which one.

JENNY: What is one way you fit creativity into your life?

ROBIN:I love journaling and writing blogs. And I love photography, but don’t practice it enough. I have stacks of “scrapbooking” materials but have yet to start a scrapbook…I can’t wait though. When I see the really neat ones, I get inspired to try it. I guess in order to get it in my every day, I read or listen to music. I know that is not ME creating, but appreciating creations is just as important, right?

JENNY: One thing you have learned this past year?

ROBIN: Ooof. Again with the “one.” I think this was the year of love for me, on so many different levels. Of course, there is the love of my new husband…and how different it is than anything else I’ve ever felt. There is the love of new family, the love of rekindled friendships, love of life, love of relationships developed over the years. And as much love as I experienced, I witnessed even more…love of complete strangers, love in spite of, love regardless of, love unacknowledged, tough love, unwavering love. Lots of love without judgment and even more with patience. *sigh* It’s been a really good year.

JENNY: One way you hope to make this world a better place?

ROBIN: By using all that I have learned the past year (and all the years before, for that matter) and sharing it with others. It’s so easy to be kind, to be patient, to be thoughtful…but no one seems to try anymore. Instead of reaching out we are pulling back…we have become controlled by our fears which makes us reluctant to lend a helping hand…we judge others and their worth before deciding whether to help them. I want to change all that.

JENNY: One thing you love about your husband/wife….details.

ROBIN: I love his hugs. I know exactly what each one means and maybe physically…technically…there is no difference in how he wraps his arms around me, to me each one feels different and special and like it was designed just for the occasion, whatever occasion it might be…sad, happy, tired, worried, missing him…Don’t get me wrong…I know it’s not just the hug that gets to me…it’s what’s behind it. But you said one.

Thanks Robin...we love you!!! I am love,love,loving hearing your thoughts my brothers and sisters. I have laughed and cried and sighed and remembered just why it is I love you all so much, Jen

PS. Next up, mama to be Tara!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet and tender heart that Robin has and how blessed our family is to have her. I am loving reading the hearts of my family.