Friday, January 05, 2007

At long last…

I think I am ready to post an update. Sometimes I just have so much to say that I get overwhelmed and don’t write anything. I must stop that and so this is my first attempt. We are home in Utah after a wonderful, full, rich time with family and friends in TX. I have so many pictures that I want to post but am feeling a bit under the weather so that’ll have to wait.

I can’t possibly write about everything we did so I’ll just summarize. The wedding was beautiful and we got to spend lots of time with the newlyweds. The night before the wedding John Mike spent the night at my parents and he and I got to have one of our late night, lay in bed and talk about everything and nothing talks. I’ll never forget that. Nor will I forget what a beautiful day the wedding was. It was so simple, and gorgeous, and full of convicting truth about marriage and God’s plan for it. I was so thankful to be there and so full of love for those two precious hearts.

We also got to spend time with bub and Robin, which was wonderful as always. I love watching them work together as a couple, they are a true team. Of course, my mom and dad made us feel so loved and our time relaxing at the “river house” is was such a treat as always.

Christmas in Houston with my family was so much fun this year. I loved having Robin and Tara there with us. Our family is growing and I love it.

Next it was on to the Hunts to be with Shari and Shanyn and Gee Gee. Jim is already back in the Ukraine and so we really missed him. Shari, as always, was the hostess with the mostest and we got to have several friends over to visit while we were there. We had a rich time of prayer with them before we left and it really blessed my heart as it always does.

Though we did get to see some of you friends out there, we missed many of you as schedules get crazy, etc. and we really, really hope to see you on the next go round.

I have much more to say, and some exciting news to share…so stay tuned and I promise to try to be more faithful in my writing. For now, it’s snowing outside and I am cozy in bed with tea and oatmeal and a new book that I am really wrapped up in (Aunt Jane’s Hero by Elizabeth Prentiss, for those who are curious), so I hope you all are well and enjoying this new year. Much love, Jen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I am so happy to finally see more of your wonderful writing and thoughts, etc. I have missed those, but, I also knew that you were here in Texas and just had a lot to do. It was such a thrill to visit with you. You looked absolutely radiant! Stay healthy and take care of yourself. Much love,
Sharon