Friday, January 27, 2012

One of those homey kind of days...

Today started early and it started rough. Jubilee had been up often during the night and then woke early this morning and I just felt exhausted before the day even started. I asked mom to take some things over to a baby shower I was supposed to attend (boo! sorry to miss you guys) at my Mom to Mom group, and decided it would be a "have fun in our PJs at home" kind of day. And it was.
We made apple cake (from Simply in Season cookbook) I had been craving for a while, we listened to the new Sparkle stories, we made play doh and played in the back yard sunshine. We rested (at least Jubilee and I did:) and then mom and Joel got home and that always lifts our spirits. We ate dinner out with the family and now we are all happily tucked in bed. Ahhhh. I was a little bit hazy but we had a pretty joyful day, and that is much more than I had hoped for when the day began!

Amelia stirring with a chopstick because....she's Amelia.
Coming in from outside play to lick the spoon:)

Listening to Sparkle stories.
Mixing the play doh. Why on the floor? I don't know. I was sleepy:)
Excited to see what color it made....purple!
Dinosaur play is the rage around here. Also, watching dinosaur documentaries. Snore! How many pictures do I have of them playing with play doh with animals like this over the years? Many, many,many:)
Sweet Mam.
Sweet Joel.
Sweet Jubilee.
Goodnight all! Jen

No comments: