Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Coloring the snow...

Another Pinterest idea in action, today we put food coloring and water in squirt bottles for the kids and Vera to "color the snow". It was fun! They did squirt it in the snow, but then spent most of the time in the sand box making colorful cakes and things:) Oh, they were busy. The best kind of busy.







(Just FYI in case you decide to do this, I quickly figured out that many refills were needed for their little squirt bottles and so I got a water jug they could control and brought it outside, along with the food coloring so that they could make their own refills!)

Man, today was one of those days that was good but I am just so tired by the end of it! Poor Jubilee hasn't been feeling great, so she hasn't been sleeping as much as she usually does and I am feeling it! Hopefully she'll bounce back soon! So, I am hitting "publish post" and then heading to bed. Hope you all are well, Jen

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That's a great idea! We play with food coloring in the bath tub, but I've never thought of it for snow! Pinterest has such clever ideas.

Kierna C said...

Hi Jenny, I love your outdoor sand pit, it looks well used. Thanks so much for linking up this week in the outdoor play posts. I am so glad to have found your great blog. Kierna