Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A few thoughts about this day...

Today was a pretty simple one, but fulfilling! We ate breakfast, put Jubilee down for a nap, got dinner in the crock pot (amazing for me- go Jenny!), got everyone ready for an outing to the gardens (mittens, hats, sweaters, clean diaper, picnic lunch, bathroom, feed baby, pump b/c of another clogged milk duct, change baby, ...whew, not so simple really), got to the gardens about 11:30.
Loved watching the kids play, play, play in the sandbox. Sam remembered to bring his snake and Amelia her turtle for sandbox play. They were making blankets out of leaves for their animals and feeding them "sugar plums" (tiny apples fallen from a tree) and on and on.
We had a picnic in the ivy house, now bare for winter. Here's Sam eating an "Amelia special" that she made-PB and J with sprinkles. Mmmm mmmm. Also an enormous cookie from the central American store down the street. We love those things. Not very sweet at all, but just enough.


It was SO warm (high forties maybe). Inversion down in the city was terrible, but maybe cleaner up at the gardens? We can hope. It felt wonderful. On the topic of their play, I freaked out a bit at Christmas time wondering if their diverging interests ( Sam with his rescue vehicles and Amelia with dolls) would hamper their play, but they are proving me wrong. Today with their animal play, it was like old times. Then look at them in Sammy's "new room" (more on that soon). Amelia's doll was stuck in this ribbon and the ambulance was on its way to the rescue:) Why do I doubt their ability to adapt to each other's interests? They have done it all their lives. I know the day will come when they won't be an into playing with each other, but it isn't here yet!

Here's little Jubilee, just for fun:)


Oh, it was crazy. She was in the middle of her little rug and I went to turn off the bath water for the big kids and when I came back this is how I found her!

It's not time to flip and flop yet little one!
So, afternoon baths, watched a documentary about dinosaurs (booring- oops did I say that?), dinner, books, bed by 7.
Anyway, a pretty typical day so I wanted to record it so I would remember. Still exhausted by the end of it, and not yet feeling relaxed in my days yet- there always seem to be urgencies (time to make lunch and baby needs to go down for nap! Baby is asleep...clean something! Kids are in preschool...run an errand! Clean something!) . I can't seem to just relax and let it flow. Ah well, it will come. Right?! :)
All for now, Jen

No comments: