Sunday, March 21, 2010

Signs of Spring...(mostly) indoors edition.

*Winter book basket out, Spring book basket in...

*Planting seeds...grow seeds, grow!

*A bit of spring cleaning and purging, getting ready for a big Spring yard sale/ adoption fundraiser.
*A bit of thrifting to collect canning jars for late summer. I have heard that you have to thrift them now in SLC, because by canning season they are gone! I am hoping to can tomato sauce, applesauce, pesto, and some pinto/black/red beans. I'll try to keep it simple or it won't happen at all! Oh, also. See that mason jar full of yummy quinoa chili? See that plastic lid? I love those things! They make it so easy to use jars as food storage w/out keeping up with two metal lids, etc. I got mine on amazon.

*Festivity stand ready to display Spring goodness...


*Making strawberry bread from the Spring section of my beloved Simply in Season cookbook:)

What is Spring looking like in your home?
All for now,
Jen

* Also, a little disclaimer. Seasonal decorating has always stressed me out. I seem to think of my ideas too early and then miss out on celebrating the current season, or think of ideas too late and finally get some creative thing done as the season comes to a close...it's ridiculous. So, I have limited myself to my festivity stand and a book basket.End of story. Easy to get out, easy to put away. Dare I admit that I finally scraped a rotten pumpkin off of my porch table only last month? You see my problem. So, don't think "Oh Jenny, look how seasonal she is, " or whatever.Or maybe I am the only one to envy people's seasonalness. Like " Hi, it's the first day of spring and here is our perfect felt spring banner, and wool felted eggs, and a few spring skirts I sewed last night for my little girl." Grrrr. This is my first season to get it "right" in my book, and "right" for me is usually incredibly simple.

3 comments:

ann.e said...

YAY for Spring! I see that one by Gerda Muller that's on soulemama... do you love it?? I tried to find in on thriftbooks but no luck. Trying to stock up on some new books :)

I love that picture of Amelia in the kitchen!! I also love the plastic lids, those rings do get annoying. I definitely found jars at Smith's last year - just not too late into the fall.

Jenny said...

Hi Anne! We miss you guys..boo on sick babies! So, yes, we do love all of Gerda Muller's season books. They were especially popular w/ the babes when they were younger. They have no words...I'm sure you've seen them at our house before. Let's see their favorite Spring books right now are probably Bunny's Noisy Book, The Carrot Seed, So Many Bunnies, Peter Cottontails's Easter book, and Peter Rabbit! Lots of Bunnies!

Yeah, I'm sure Smith's has plenty, I just meant if you are trying to thrift them. Let's can together! Talk to you soon! Jen

Anonymous said...

I love seeing Spring in SLC. That has to be the most beautiful Spring I've ever seen! Is that Joel Hunt growing his hair out???