Monday, March 01, 2010

Make us new...

I love Mondays. To me Mondays feel like a New Years Day that we get to celebrate every week. A new beginning. I really needed that today. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were those "rough and we're just going to make it through" kinda days. It started on Thursday with a new Mama and me dance class. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh. It was terrible. I totally felt like, "Hello. My name is Jenny and these are my wild, disobedient twins that I am completely overwhelmed by right now." While I do feel like the class is way too structured for 2 and 3 year olds and my little ones are not used to having constant direction and having to sit on a dot, it was just embarrassing to my "want to look like I have it all together" self and put me in a major funk. That was followed by a massive meltdown on Sammy's part when we got home, then again on Friday morning, then again on Sat. Whew, it had been a while since he has had meltdowns like that and I had forgotten how exhausting it is, and how terrible (both his meltdown and my reactions to them). So, last night I had a great little planning and prayer time for our week and was determined to start fresh this morning, letting go of the weekend.

Ahhh.

We made Blueberry muffins during our Monday baking time and then met Anne and Vera at the park for a morning picnic. There were several time outs during the muffin making process, and yet we kept on:) The park was delightful indeed (that was just for you Anne:) and the babes just ran and ran and screamed and played and came home worn out and promptly went down for a nap.





And so I am sitting here in the rocking chair, just feeling thankful for new beginnings. That He is making us new every day when we let Him. He doesn't want to leave us stuck in the mire and so I hold out my hands in this moment and whisper, "Make me new. Make my weary, impatient, selfish heart new."

Amen.

7 comments:

ann.e said...

Amen indeed!

Anonymous said...

Anne, that was exactly what I was going to say! Jenny, Thank you for revealing your heart and your deepest of feelings. That is so refreshing.
I will look at Mondays a little differently from now on. Instead of an end to my weekend... a new beginning.
Love,
Mammie

Jenn said...

you're a good momma jenny...

capturing said...

Jenny, silly, but I feel tears welling up inside of me as I read this because It so resounds with me and I so connect with this and just get it. About every other line, I was nodding my head in affirmation, like yes Jenny, I feel the same way, or that happens with me and Griffin too. I am actually trying to muster up enough courage and energy to blog about a similar weekend. We will see. Love you and thank you for sharing, you are one special person :)

capturing said...

Oh and I feel the exact same way about Mondays! That is why I just loove them :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you dear Jenny!

from a very-thankful-for-you mother-in-luv! :)

Tom, Cristy, Carter Brady, Dillon and Jackson said...

Love this post, Jenny. Thanks for your honest sharing. I have definitely been there too! Good thing we don't have to be perfect. Whew! (I'm referring to the response to the meltdown).
And thanks for posting about the rice and beans. I watched his video.
Love You!
Cristy