Thursday, February 19, 2009

You would have thought it had been a week....


Last night, deep in the night, Sam awoke and would not go back down without a fight (actually a terrified scream). This is rare for our little sound sleeper and so I brought him into our bed thinking he may just need some comfort and I'd put him back in bed after he fell asleep. Ahem. Hours of restless flip flopping later the sun finally came up and we called it a night. Sleep disturbances are nothing new around here and so I didn't write to tell you this. I wrote to tell you about when his "ti-ter" woke up. We heard her little noises and babbles and Sam's eyes immediately widened and he said, "Ti-ter!" He ran to their bedroom door and started pounding on it and was squealing, "Hi! Hi! Hi! Hi!" before I even managed to get the door fully opened. He ran to her bed and they giggled and grabbed hands and then he tried to climb in there with her. I helped him and he then tackled her and tried to start tickling her. She didn't appreciate that very much, but it was very obvious that they were both very happy to be reunited. Right now they are playing in the living room together, totally oblivious that I am in another room.

What a sweet way to start the day after a long, restless night.

Jen

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh sweet relief ! How funny that we :) had a restless night too. Ours went about as sweetly as could too.
i will fellow blog with you here!

Megan Sandoz said...

I love it! I can just hear him yelling "Ti-ter!" :) It makes me so happy.

Esther said...

That is so sweet.