Monday, February 16, 2009

Some moments in our recent days that, for various reasons, just made my heart stand still...





Sometimes it is the smallest things that just stop me in my tracks. A brother taking a good, hard look at his sister. A daddy holding his sick little girl tight and then sharing in her fearless joy as she pets a horsie at the farm. A little guy relishing in sticks and puddles. These are the things our days are made of. I don't want to miss them, these little joys. So, I do my best to capture them as the moments fly by and I do my best to be present in the every day. To be present in the every day, that is the key I think. That is the prayer of my heart this night,
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"to be present in the every day".
thanks for the great "food for thought". definitely a principle i need to apply.
love you all!
mammy

Esther said...

What a precious post! Just beautiful. I need to capture a picture of Emma squatting like that. And a girl and her daddy--well, you just can't beat that.

Hayden and Kelly said...

Jen- they are SO yummy! Oh how I miss you guys! We so need to see each other! Those babies just melt my heart... I've loved them since I first met them... more than most other babes and I'm not sure why. I think they have amazing old souls... and they are just beautiful amazing one-of-a-kind children. They are SO big. I just can't stand it! Love you!