Saturday, February 07, 2009

It's my Red Apple Sale.

I remember my Granny and Aunt going to the Red Apple Sale at Foley's every year and finding these amazing deals on shoes and blouses such. I remember imagining a long line of anxious women lining up outside the doors waiting, waiting, waiting. This image probably came from advertising commercials, come to think of it. Anyway, as I stood in line at the Friends of the Library one day only book sale this morning , I realized that these sales are indeed my own Red Apple Sale. I get there early and am near the front of the line. I look around at others with big Rubbermaid totes to carry their loot and worry that my little canvas bag is not nearly large enough. I get butterflies in my stomach and then tell myself how ridiculous that is...I'm not even looking for anything in particular! I am getting better though. Last time I found myself flushed and sweating, having fun and yet getting caught up in the "I better get a LOT of books since they are such great deals and look at every one else loading up boxes and I may regret it later" only to put back 50% of the things I picked up. So, today I made myself relax and walk casually to the children's section. I was the only one there and took good long looks at each and every shelf. I found a few goodies and then moved on to the family/parenting section then biographies and then children's videos. I'll update this post with a few pictures of my loot later.

For now, I must attend to my little sick brood. I am so thankful we've had such a healthy winter thus far, it is just our turn I guess.

All for now,
Jen

P.S. Thank you for your kind, kind words about the last post. I so enjoyed getting your comments and e-mails. Each one is truly like food for my soul.

1 comment:

Sarah H said...

Love love love the library sale. The downtown library is one of my favourite SLC places.

Hope everyone is feeling better soon! Hugs to all of you from the Hays girls.