Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I was going to title this post, "Throw up throw up everywhere, throw up throw up in my hair!" But that would be so gross, so of course I didn't!

So, Sammy was feeling a bit better today, Amelia a bit worse, and I was about the same. With Sam's boost of energy he obviously was ready to run around and have some fun. Unfortunately his little lungs were not ready for that and after running around he would cough so hard that he would throw up. And throw up. Oh was it sad. And yucky. After changing all three of our shirts several times, I just stripped them down and tried to find calmer activities to lessen the unpleasentness of our day:)

A new favorite is painting with water:



An old favorite (at least with Sammers) is "putting away the groceries". He takes all of the pasta/beans/potatoes out of the cabinet, puts them into grocery bags and then takes them all out and puts them away. Repeat. I don't really know what Amelia's role in the process is. Every time I looked she was bending over with her head in the bag. She was probably just trying to look busy:)




They scooped and stirred dry noodles...

And took a long, warm bath. Did I mention that they decided that napping was not on the agenda? So, bedtime at 6pm it was. I think they were out before I even left the room. Now, this mama is going to chat with my Joelie and then get some rest, or watch more America's Next Top Model on you tube. Just kidding, who would do that when they should be resting or reading one of the many books on their bedside table? Certainly not me:)

More soon, Jen

5 comments:

ann.e said...

I LOVE the grocery bag pictures!!! so cute! I hope you all get better soon!! Can't you just not wait for Spring when all the bugs are gone??

Sorry, didn't mean to overlap on the water-painting post tonight! :)

Unknown said...

poor babes, and mama...
wish i were there to make you a big pot of chicken noodle soup. Try to get some stock into you and those babes! You will heal faster <3

Megan Sandoz said...

Is it lame that I would be completely content to play that grocery game with Sam? I love how your kids play. You are a good mama, Jen.

Anonymous said...

okay, the head in the grocery bag is too funny. Oh, how I wish I was there to take care of you all. I love you!
Mammy

Esther said...

I love that grocery idea. Fun! Hope you're all feeling better soon!