Monday, February 09, 2009

Fuzzy days...

You know how sick days are just kind of hazy? That was today. I couldn't for the life of me remember what day it was. It felt like Sunday because we didn't go to church yesterday and I didn't meal plan or get ready for the Museum, so it must be Sunday today. Then I remembered that Joel did go to church yesterday and it was his birthday, so today must be Monday. "Oh no!" I would think to myself in foggy, slow moving thoughts. "Do I need to call someone to cancel something? What do we do on Mondays?" "We just go to the Museum in the morning and stay home in the afternoon." Oh good.

There was some Little Bear watching, lots of book reading. Sam would attempt to play and then come and lay his head in my lap and close his eyes for a while. Poor, pitiful Sam. Wheezing, coughing, feverish boy. We think it's probably RSV::( The dreaded RSV. He seems to slowly be getting better. We have the humidifier going strong, his fever was pretty level today, lots of water. Amelia is coughing and snotty but not yet feverish. I just feel like I am in a head cold cloud and so far Joel is okay. He got away into those mountains today for some snowshoeing with a friend, so his spirits are high.

For those phone calls that I didn't answer today, I'll try and call you back tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be a little less fuzzy.
Hope you all are well and thanks for all of the birthday wishes for Joelie:)
Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how i wish i was there to make a pallet!
love you,
mom

Court said...

Hope you all get to feeling better real soon!

Jenny said...

Oh, I wish you were here too mama. I thought of you multiple times today when I wanted to curl up in bed on my own. I thought, "Jenny! Think of how special mom made sick days for you. You better start making that true for the babes as well. YOU are the mom now!" Sometimes I forget:) Love you!

the bakks said...

I feel (a portion of, since I've just got one!) your pain...we have a little sickie on our hands too and it feels just about pitiful to be sick at the same time! I hope y'all can enjoy being snuggly and snotty and lost in time and pitiful together :) AND that you all get better ASAP!

ann.e said...

:( i didn't know you were sick too! hope tomorrow everyone wakes up fresh and new :)

we miss you!