Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"A trip to see our dad and our doctor." A post by Samuel James Hunt

Today we went to see our dad at our doctor's office. See, dad is doing his pediatrics rotation with our Dr. D and so we got to see them both today at our 9 month well baby check up.

Here are sister and I ready to go. We were excited to get out of the house!


I started the visit out with a bang. Mom was taking off my clothes to get me weighed when she smelled something fishy. Let me back up and say that Amelia and I ate prunes yesterday in order to help with our constipation issues. WOW! Let's just say that constipation is no longer the issue. So, back to the story. She laid me down on the table with the wonderful crinkly paper on it and learned that I had poop smeared up to my shoulders. Literally. So she stood me up to wipe me down and that is when the cold air got to me and I just started to pee pee all over that crinkly paper. Right about this time the nurse walked in and said, "How's it going in here? Oh, oh my! " Poop was all over the table, me, mama,my clothes and pee pee was still streaming out of me onto the table. Oops.

The rest of the visit was pretty uneventful. Dr. D said that we both looked great and were developing just fine and that we are really cute. He always gives mom a hard time about not doing the "Ferber method" at night so that she and dad can get some sleep. He tells her "horror" stories of co-sleeping babies who still want to sleep with their parents at age 5. Mama says that there are worse things in the world and that we are all doing fine. I heard her tell dad that she gets frustrated about having this conversation at every well baby visit and so dad had to remind her that a majority of babies don't sleep in family beds and hammocks and that when you do things differently you have to expect some critisism. All of this was a little over my head, but I tried to keep my eyes open and listen because I could tell it was important stuff. Mama tells me that I'm a good listener.

Anyway, that was our exciting day. Hope you had one too! Love, Sammy

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute post! I am so glad to hear that all is well.
I guess some how I didn't realize that Sammy's middle name was James. I like it.
Love ya, anna

Anonymous said...

What wonderful, wise words from their daddy! Just smile, nod and maybe throw in a "hmmm" or two and then continue listening to your heart. If necessary, seek comfort and affirmation from Dr. Sears.

Believe me, they won't want to sleep with you forever. ;-)

Sweet dreams, happy Hunts!

Anonymous said...

I "amen" to my sweet sis, Marilee.
Love to my babes,
Grammy

The Bittles said...

thanks for sharing the stories. we can always count on babies for a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

what a great adventure. I had a premie with constipation issues as well, wish the prunes had worked so well for us. I think Hmmmm and a nod with a roll of the eyes works well!! ha! Good thing you have a wise husband instead of having to depend on a friend like me. love ya'll lots, b

Court said...

I love love love the new header ~ too sweet :)

ann.e said...

You did it! Good job :) I love the clock too, did you have that before?

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Anna--Yep, Sammy has Joel's middle name and Amelia has mine:)

Marilee. Mom, and b--Wonderful, wise words are Joel's specialty:) I'm VERY thankful for that! And, yes, I seek the comfort, affirmation, and validation of good ol' Dr. Sears often. Wish his offices were close by:) I did do my best to hold my tongue--I promise!

Kristi--You know me, all about sharing!:)

Court and Anne--Glad you like the new look! Anne, I actually found the clock on on of your links. Can't remember whose it was but I thought it was so cute !

All for now--thanks for taking time to leave comments girls:) Jenny

Dawn said...

Beautiful baby's, & hilarious story on dr visit!!!!!
Shane & Shanna slept with us until they were 4 & 6... I heard all the same neg stuff as you, but I stuck to my guns, and glad I did!
Love y'all,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sam,
I am glad you have a SUPER MOM because I may have been running and screaming down the hallway !! Glad your checkup went well !!

Your grandpa,Joel Sr