Friday, January 04, 2008

Does this look like a face that feels good?


Poor Sammers, he is going through the ringer with two teeth so far and a cold. We all have a cold actually, which has been really fun. Yesterday thoughts went through my mind like. "Satan called and he wants hell back." A little melodromatic, I know. Okay, a lot melodromatic.
Today is a new day, though, and so far it has been a good one. A little laundry done, a few naps here and there, bread baking in the bread maker. Mmmm, mmmm. The sun is even shining. I am reading a devotion by Corrie Tin Boom called, "Each new day", and I can't tell you what an encouragment it has been to me during these fussy, sick, cold days. Just the name of the book comes to mind and gives me a lift. Each day is a new one, full of hope. So, onward we go. Hanging out, reading, singing, dancing, crying, taking stroller rides through the living room and kitchen, carrying babes on our backs, watching them grow and change each day. It's a wild ride, folks, and I'm happy to get to share it with you. The good, the bad, and the ugly.




Hope you all are staying well and enjoying your days,
Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Sammers and poor mommy. I am sorry to hear that yall have been sick. I know my kids always got sick when they were teething. It is just one of those added bonuses, just in case things weren't hard enough. I have to say, I like seeing Curious George cuddling with his new friend. Keep carring on mighty warrior. love ya, anna

Anonymous said...

Oh yea, tell Sammmy I feel for him my bottom wisdom teeth are coming in and they are killing me..

Anonymous said...

oh, sweet, little sam. please give him a hug and kiss for Grammy and love that sweet girl for me, too. The days just aren't the same without those faces in the a.m. Just like a little bit of the sun forgot to shine.

Jami said...

I am now waiting for the blog post about the first time Sammy (and apparently, later, Amelia) takes thier first bite of mommy! I can hear the OUCH from here! Oh, those were the days..........