Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reintroducing the Moby Wrap...




I got the Moby wrap out while Sammy was napping and tried it out with Amelia--she LOVED it! We hadn't worn it in a while because the pouch slings just seemed quicker and easier, but Amelia loved being able to kick,kick,kick and it was totally worth the time it took to get it tied on. I just had to give her something to keep her hands occupied so that she didn't try to grab everything in sight (like she was in these pictures. She was trying SO hard to grab the camera strap, which is why I was making goofy faces to try and keep her distracted while I took the pictures. It didn't work:) It is basically just a very long piece of fabric that you can tie in lots of different ways to do different holds. It is great for preemies as it is very secure and keeps them snug as a bug. Sammy was a whopping 4 pounds in these pictures of us catching up on our e-mails the day he came home from the NICU...


Amelia is about 17lbs right now and she didn't feel heavy at all today so I think we'll get lots more use out of it. Yay! Okay, I guess this ends the commercial for our Moby wraps:) I have some more pictures and video that I hope to share soon! Jen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

millie looks like she loves it! i love the fun faces my little girl is making! what memories those first pictures brought back.
love,
grammy

Court said...

WOW ~ Amelia is a whopping 17 pounds?!?!? and to think she was a preemie!

Anonymous said...

Mom--I know, those pictures really do bring back memories don't they? The breast pump especially--what a huge part of our days that was! Oh how glad I am that you were there with us though that journey. I love you mama.

Court- I know, can you believe it?! I'll get their exact weights on Tues. at their 9 month well baby visit. They are still only in the 2nd or 3rd percentile for their actual age--but for their adjusted age they are well in the middle. Praise the Lord! Love ya.

Sarah H said...

Hello Hunts!
We have a new friend here in Seattle with a "Baby Sam" (as Stella calls him), and it makes me think of your Baby Sam. :)
Looks like you guys are doing well. The pictures are adorable as always. :)