Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The north wind doth blow....

I have been dreading this winter for a long time. One, because winter equals RSV season and because the babes were so premature, that means keeping them out of the public as much as possible to avoid the risks that come with premature babies contracting RSV. That means hibernation for mama and babies. Of course, since we are in Utah and it is snowy and cold, winter also means much less time outdoors.

I know I have mentioned this all before, and I'm sure this won't be the last, but I have come to some conclusions.

1. This is going to be a challenging few months (RSV season ends in April) and there will be days that don't go smoothly at all and where I feel overwhelmed, lonely,like a human pacifier that gets no sleep, and like a shut in. See yesterday's post.

2. I can look at things in two ways. Accept that #1 is true and feel very grumpy about it and bitter and eat lots and lots of ice cream, muffins, chocolate, and other sundries to make myself feel better. Or, accept that #1 is true, but make this time as sweet as it can possibly be. There are many good sides to this coin. See #3.

3. The positive. I don't have to feel obligated to make ANY commitments other than caring for these two babies. I like that. I have an excuse to take massive amounts of pictures of the two cutest subjects I could ever ask for. What else are we to do? I get concentrated, no distractions time with my babies to watch them grow and nurture them and parent them the way I want to. Lots of women don't have that. I realize this and am thankful.So, see? There are indeed two sides to every coin.

4.Thus, the perfectness of the music on the little video I am sharing with you. The first is a sad song about the poor little robin who has to hide under its wings because of the snow, and then comes the joy....
View this montage created at One True Media
We shall have snow...

3 comments:

the schilps said...

oh jenny, i just loved the music in that video. do share what it is, will you?!
i applaud you, friend. the side you choose shines much much brighter.
love
abbe

Robin said...

You are amazing. I'm inspired every time you write. Think of how amazing you're going to be at this blogging thing...and SCRAPBOOKING! Tee hee hee. Love you sis!

ann.e said...

Jenny, that is the sweetest little 'video' and captures so well the feeling of what you wrote!