Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sister to Brother: An interview


Bub. Compassionate, thoughtful, affectionate, protective big brother of mine. He was my fierce protector during our public school years, he was my buddy (most of the time:) during our high school years, he was and is my quiet cheerleader throughout my married years. I am thankful for my big brother. I think after reading his words you will see why....

Siblings: An interview: Number 4 (If you missed the other siblings click here for Tara's interview, here for Robin's and here for John Mike's.

JENNY: What is one thing that you love about your life
right now? Please be specific.

Bub: One thing I love right now is getting to see how my siblings care for their children. From Jenny's unending patience and hard work taking care of twins, to Johnny Mike's amazing work ethic and creativity preparing for little Echo. I truly believe those two will have the most gifted children in the world. Being the oldest, I feel like this is my chance to take from their experiences, like I truly hope they have been able to take from mine in the past.

JENNY: Tell me about a vivid childhood memory

Bub: One that I haven't thought about in a while is going to Mrs. Smith's beauty shop at her house to get Grandma's hair done. The smell of the permenent solution(sp), and being able to move up and down on the old barber chair, all the dogs barking when you drove up, getting cookies out of her cookie jar, and her playing the old organ. She always made Grandma feel like a queen.

JENNY: What is one way you fit creativity into your
life?

Bub: I try to be creative in the way I use my time the most. When I'm on the road, I try to see deeper into a town or city than just the surface stuff. It's fun to get off the beaten path and find the really quirky shops( My favorite thing to do is shop for Robin, but she has to tell me not to sometimes), and people that make the city different than any other. It's hard to expain, except that it is really easy to isolate yourself every day on the road, ie: stay on the bus, eat at the same places, etc... So, I try to use my time creatively to search out the uniqueness of each place I am, on the road, and at home.

JENNY: One thing you have learned this past year?

Bub: Raking leaves is not something I would want to do as a living.

JENNY: One way you hope to make this world a better
place?

Bub: Oh, this world doesn't need any help does it? I've tried real hard recently to see the good in every situation, instead of looking for the bad. Sometimes it's not there, and you move on, so in saying that, I'm trying to have a positive attitude in every situation, and hope that rubs off. Unless you mess with my family or friends, and than I will hunt you down to the ends of the Earth and....I know Granny will probably read this, so I'll stop there.

JENNY: One thing you love about your
husband/wife….details.

Bub: Only one huh....Thank God she's good with taxes! OK, I'll do another, She keeps a very clean house, couldnt resist. I love the amazing ability Robin has with kids, she's every kids best friend. It's one area where her patience truly shines through. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet,Bub. Thanks for sharing your heart. It's a treasure for this mom.

Anonymous said...

At times like these, when the Schoepf's/Hunt's window is peered into...
I praise the lord they found ME.
haha, because i love their souls.
And everyone should be so charmed to know one.
Also, praise to Sissy for her sweetest mothering.

-tara and echo