Sunday, November 04, 2007

Bye bye bakery....

With sadness, dear bakery, I must say goodbye to our daily visits for now. I know you must be asking yourself, "WHY? Why must you leave me so suddenly and without warning?!" Well, there are multiple reasons. One is that the wee babes are growing up, and growing up means that they need a little more of a routine during the day. They used to take good naps when they were in your company but now they want to stay awake and look at the fans and the lights and all of the folks coming and going.

Oh, and about all of the folks coming and going. That's a problem too. The dreaded RSV season is upon us and we must be more careful about being out and about. I know you won't be lonely as it is getting cold outside and more and more people are coming in to drink your warm hot chocolate and tomato soup...mmmm. Believe me, this is hurting me more than it is hurting you.

As we say goodbye to the bakery (sniff, sniff) we are really also saying goodbye to a whole little "era" in the babes life. The life of hours on the front porch in the moses basket and in the back yard on blankets. We are transitioning to naps in bed at more consistent times as they are getting older. It is nice, of course, to have a few hours to myself during the day and yet I loved our days of doing whatever we wanted when we wanted. To everything there is a season, right? So, goodbye season of "Morning Muffins", thank you for all of the mornings of indulgence. Hello......Late Afternoon Lucky Charms? Sadly, that is not a random statement:)

Just for fun, here is a picture for ya...

Love that. Jen

5 comments:

Kathleen Evans said...

I don't know if you remember me or not, my name is Kathleen Evans (Boggess). I lived a block over from where your family and Joel's family lived. I went to your blog after talking to Sheri and finding out that you and Joel had twins. They are beautiful!
I wanted to thank you for writing this blog. It's like being on a walk with you and the twins going into one of the shops, having a cup of coffee. It's really one of the highlights in my day. I honestly feel that I know you. I pray often for you and your family. Thank you for sharing. May God richly bless and protect you and your dear family! Love, Kathleen

Anonymous said...

Jenny your little ones are just too cute. I don't know if I can take it. You might have to stop posting those heart tugging pictures.. well, I guess I can handle it.. love ya, anna

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
Beautiful picture! Wow, they are just stinkin cute kids! Thanks for letting Hayden steal Joel for a while last night. It really helped him out. I walked into the living room and my decorative pillows had stitches all over in them :). Made me laugh really hard!
Joel said you guys are getting ready for the big trip. I would be more than happy to come help pack, clean, make dinner while you pack, entertain babies while you pack... whatever you need! Let me know or give me a call.... anytime. You have my number. Sure love ya. XOXOXO

Court said...

I couldn't see the picture until tonight ~ too cute! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

ohh Jen, bring those babies here!
Be here in 2 weeks, okay ?
Okay, see ya then.

tara and echo