Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sister to Sister: An interview



I remember when John Mike first reconnected with Tara after high school. He was living with us at the time in San Marcos and she had just moved to Austin I think and they met for coffee. I remember he was so enthralled by her. "I've never met anyone like her Jenny. She is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, and she is so creative......"

Indeed she is ,Johnny Mike. She is creative, into all things natural, sensitive, a healthy food lover, passionate, a learner,and now one of my closest friends. I'm so glad you brought her into our life and into our family. I love talking "mama talk" with you Tara and I know that will continue throughout the years as our babies grow and we grow with them.

Here for you, loyal readers, is a glimpse into the heart of Tara Shay Schoepf...soon to be mama of baby Echo...

Siblings: An interview: Number 3

Jenny: What is one thing that you love about your life
right now? Please be specific.

Tara: Truly observing the seasons change...
It has been as if i were peering out my personal
window, awaiting my new life. The anticipation that
has come with these life changes, it is all bundled up
inside of me. ah, to say the least of my little joy.


Jenny: Tell me about a vivid childhood memory.

Tara: So often now, i am calling on memories just
moments before I felt I fell into womanhood. It was
fall, and this season makes me think of my own
imagination. And the first season to drive my first
car, a classic. I felt so intimate within myself
there inside, being in control. This was when I first
fell in love with the reality of steering your own
destiny. We could have been anyone we wanted...

Jenny: What is one way you fit creativity into your
life?

Tara: I think about creativity always. Inside every
moment I look at the creative side first...
But particularly at this time I am attempting small
drawings and hand sewing stuffed toys. Art for others
makes me zestful for life, and this also applies to
cooking as best as i can for my sensitive husband...


Jenny : One way you hope to make this world a better
place?

Tara:Live by my convictions.
Everyday, no matter how small. Someone always feels
your actions close to their heart.

Jenny :One thing you love about your husband….details.

Tara: His balancing effect.
How he pierces through all things very organically,
and so true.
From the first moments i felt our love around me, it
spoke to me like the wind calling. Like the first day
you hear the Holy Spirit calling out for you to listen
and be still. I have seen in color ever since that time...

Don't you just love her?! Thanks Tara for playing along. We love you!! Up next is my big brother "bub". I have to say, his made me shed a few tears, so you may want to have your hankies handy. Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've only known Tara for a little over a year, and after visiting again with her last Saturday at Tim and Shanyn's reception, the strong sense we get is that when she is with you, she is really with you and present to the LORD at the same time. This really helps us open us more to what He is doing in our daily walk. Robert and Judy M.

Jenny said...

Hi Mr.and Mrs. M,

Yes, I agree, Tara (hi Tara:) is very present in conversations and also a great seeker of His truth. Glad you guys got to visit!

This is fun to comment back--why don't I do it more often?! Love you guys and thanks for taking time to read the blog, Jen

Anonymous said...

On our favorites list and checked all the time--great writing and really good features that catch your interest and draw you (tah) in to the saltyhuntosphere by the lake in the mountains of the west.