Saturday, July 07, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things...

Fresh stacks of blankets....we have been given blankets of all shapes, sizes, and colors. I have my favorites for swaddling, my favorites for pallets on the floor, my favorites for wrapping up to snuggle...I always love to see them stacked under the changing table looking so cute and cuddly and ready for use.

This is my nursing corner. I do lots of reading in this cozy corner. I am reading through all of my Mothering magazines...I started getting them during pregnancy but now the articles take on a whole new meaning and I just eat them up. Of course I love all of the bonding that goes on in this rocking chair as well...gazing into those little eyes while they eat are some of my favorite moments of the day.

I love this little shelf. I love the boots waiting to be worn and I love seeing Joelie as a little cowboy in the pictures. It always makes me smile.

What is cuter than little, clean babies wrapped up in hooded towels after a bath?

Baskets of yummy toys waiting to be played with....

Zaky's hands are a great creation designed by a mommy that had a baby in the NICU. She wanted somehow to leave something of her with the baby in his isolette while she was gone and eventually came up with the idea to create a hand that is about the wieght of a human hand that can comfort the baby when you can't be there. You can wear it around your neck to get your scent on it so that they feel like you are with them. Our babies love them!

Slings have been a lifesaver. Having my hands free to comfort another babe or get some dishes or clothes washed has been wonderful. The babies, especially Sam, absolutly love their time cuddled next to mama or papa and usually fall right to sleep.

Of course these are my absolute favorite things....


Hope you are all doing well,Jen

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Thanks, Jenny, for the update! You sound so happy and upbeat despite the exhaustion I know you must be feeling. You are a great example of such a positive attitude.

Glad you are enjoying the slings - hope that you have had time to watch a few of the videos at www.mayawrap.com and have figured out lots of tricks and tips on how to use them. Just give me a call if you need more help with figuring them out :)

Tammy

Anonymous said...

those are some wonderful favorite things.. anna

Court said...

Wonderful to see and hear of all your favorite things. Hope you guys are enjoying the new house and having Jim & Shari there. Enjoy your weekend!

ashley said...

Love the pictures. They are too cute!! Hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I love the pretty stack of blankets folded with care by Grandma Shari, the magazine rack hung with love by Grandpa Jim and the beautiful babies by Joel and Jenny. Sam has filled out so much. The dimple in his chin is really showing. Please keep the pictures coming. Grammy is going through withdrawls.

Little Leah said...

I know I'm not close to you at all, but it's so nice to see you all doing so well. I've been following the blog for a little while now, and I'm just so happy for you!