Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Like the early SLC days....

My routine these days is reminding me a lot of when we first moved here and I had yet to find a job. It didn't last long, but I remember fondly those weeks of going to the library so often, exploring the neighborhood, catching up on correspondence, etc. So, here I sit at the Sugarhouse library once again...only this time in quite a different stage of life than I was just a year ago. And yet not so different at the same time. I still look out the big windows of this reading room, thankful to be sitting here using free internet, reading free magazines, with my canvas bag of books and movies waiting by my feet. I still love looking around and wondering how others are here in the middle of the day. In this room right now I would guess Homeless, Student, Young mom, 2 Retired, and one No idea. I still look at the librarians behind the desk and think "Behind a mom, ESL instructor, midwife, and orphanage worker,working at a library would be next on my list."

Speaking of midwife...we start Childbirth classes tomorrow!! I am sooooo excited, especially after talking with the lady that will be teaching the class. She was referred to me by a midwife friend from church who says that she is "the absolute best childbirth educator!" So, I gave her a call and she had one spot left for this class and only because one couple moved to her May class. When she called that "providence" and Joel my "beloved" in the kindest, calmest voice, I knew at once that I would love her. The classes are held in her home and we will be joined by 10 other couples. I'll let you know how it goes.

I guess that's all for now. Our internet at home is down...but I promise to post a belly pic ASAP when it comes back up. I am now getting lots of comments in public..that has been a hoot to say the least. Some people really know how to warm a pregnant girl's heart with their words....and some don't. Mom and I were talking this morning about how some people seem to be lacking a "mind to mouth" filter...but from what I have heard, with twins it will be a public comment bonanza..so this is good training.

Hope you all are well and enjoying your days, Jenny

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've always wished I was good at fast come backs when someone does not measure their words carefully before speaking...then I think of that movie with Meg Ryan, which one was it??? She finally was able to come back with "come backs" and then felt horrible. That would be us. :) It sounds like you have had a dream of a day. I had one of those. I took the day off and cleaned house. I know it sounds crazy that I love to clean house but I do. It just seems to put a little order to life. I will end it with time with 3 special Wimberley ladies. They all 3 have such incredible gifts and talents and all 3 have different gifts of encouragement so to have them over all at the same time is a treat. Love you...Mom

Brian and Ellie said...

Jenny, I like how you write and the pics of the kitty using the toilet were hilarious. I can't believe how close you're getting to having those little people. May you have lots of quiet, alone, sweet moments in the library (or other similarly lovely places) before the deliriously wonderful and chaotic first year begins. I love you and Joel both. Bless you.
Ellie

anna said...

The movie is French Kiss.. Jenny I just got your message thanks for calling.. I will call you back when I am not drowning in projects..love ya

Court said...

Jenny ~ glad to hear that you've been able to enjoy some quiet time...get it in while you can :)

I'm anxious to hear how your childbirth classes go ~ the instructor sounds really neat.

Be ready for everybody to want to touch your belly...what is it with people in public doing that?! Plus, the famous lines....oh....are they twins? Are they identical?....even if they are boy & girl!!! My mom used to just laugh and go with it. People ask Ashley if Isabela & Maya are identical, when they look nothing alike!

Can't wait to see your latest pics.

Court said...

How did the childbirth class go last night?

p.s. The Meg Ryan movie your mom was talking about is WHO'S GOT MAIL with Tom Hanks. It's one of my favorites :)