Friday, March 23, 2007

What's your love language?

Mine is time. Without a doubt. I think love languages a lot of times go back to how you were loved as a child and so time would make sense for me. Mom devoted almost all of her time loving us, raising us, educating us, make believing with us, feeding us, training us, encouraging us. We were loved by her encouraging words, acts of service, gifts, and affection too...but the knowledge that she spent THAT much time with us and treasured it has been invaluable to me. Then there was dad who also made it evident how much he loved his time with us. He chose to spend any extra time he had with us...catching softballs, playing basketball, making our backyard into a winter wonderland whenever it froze, taking me on dates....he loved us by giving us his time. He still does. If our family is together, no matter what we are doing, dad's love tank is full.

All this to say that when Joel and I read the Love Languages book while we were dating, mine was pretty clear. Going for a walk, cooking, housework, eating, singing, being with friends and family...for me, it's always better when Joel and I are together. So, this week has been bliss for me. Joel is on spring break and has mainly just taken it easy around the house and town. We have walked and talked and cooked and laughed and felt the babies move and shopped and he has gotten a whole check list of errands and household things done (maybe he is nesting a bit too?). Anyway, I am ending this week with a very thankful and full heart.

We had some fun visitors this week too.

My friend Eliza has a little girl named Oakley and Joel and I are both so in love with her. She makes you want to be five years old again in a big way. We got to babysit her on Tuesday morning and loved it. She walked in wearing her Incredibles mask that she got from Disney on Ice the night before. She was also wearing a pink shoe and an orange shoe:) We played hide and seek and talked about all kinds of things. She tried desperately to lure Willow into letting her pet her...to no avail. It was a great morning.

Then last night Eliza came over and she and I walked over to the Coffee Garden and had tea and a wonderful chat. When we came home Joel was here with another fun visitor...Luigi the cat. You guys, he is straight from a storybook. My first meeting with him was one very early morning to Joel awakening me and saying "Look what I have." He was holding a cat that was definitely not Willow. "Now this is a cool cat" he says. "He just barged right in the door when I opened it!" And so he does. He barges in on random evenings as if he has lived here all his life. He goes about the whole house like an inspector, sniffing everything and jumping up into all the nooks and crannies. Joel gets such a kick out of him and Luigi likes to snuggle up to his beard too:) So anyway (am I really writing this much about a cat?!), last night this is what we found Luigi up to in the bathroom! I can't believe he didn't fall in. We'll try to get you a more clear view of him for you soon:)


Whew, I better go for now. We are watching movies on this last night of Spring Break. Hope you all have had a great week. I'll try to post an updated belly pic soon. I can definitely tell I'm entering the third trimester...I am feeling a bit more tired, have to go to the bathroom constantly, sleep with at least 5 pillows, etc. The great part though, is that I am feeling the babies all the time now.That makes everything else so worth it. Jen

3 comments:

anna said...

jenny i love your update.. wish i could visit with you and feel those moving babies.. and wow your bathroom is so clean :) love ya

Court said...

Isn't it great to be able to spend so much time with the one you love :) So glad that you guys had a great Spring Break. Wish we could have Spring Break :(

Looking forward to seeing your ever-expanding belly soon :)

Anonymous said...

what is my love language???