Monday, April 26, 2010

A simple, good day.






That was today. Errand running this morning where we laughed and had fun and whining and fussing was at a minimum, and then home for the rest of the day. The babes literally played in the yard for almost 3 hours! They just played and played and played--again, with minimal whining, fussing, or fighting! They played with the new water table (yard sale--fifteen bucks--woo hoo!), the sand box, sat around a bush and dug for buggies, in the tunnel, in the grass, with their animals..it was just fabulous. Mama was inside cleaning the kitchen, making dinner (it still takes me a long time to cook and so it was perfect:), folding clothes, and catching up on phone calls. Then they came inside and took a long bath and then played and played some more! I cannot tell you the happiness it brings me to watch my children play peacefully together, using their imaginations and simple toys and things of the earth.
They did have a hard time winding down at bed time, but overall the day just rang with joy! Thank you Lord for the gift of children and family and home. It is so good.
Jen

4 comments:

erin said...

I just love those days. Days where their imaginations run away with them. Not only does it make my mommying job easy, but its just plain beautiful to watch (and sometimes even get in on). :-)

Jocelyn said...

ahhh... such a breath of fresh air are those days. loooooove the picture of sam in the tunnel- that is an awesome shot. and i really, really like that water table with the sections in it... so many possibilities.

Robin Schoepf said...

:) I can't wait to see them again! Glad you had such a beautiful day!

Craig said...

Hey Jenny,
Yes, I'm still checking your blog just about everyday for my morning smile.
I'm a huge Dave Mathews Band fan, and on their new album is a song called "You and Me" that from the first time I heard it, made me think of you and Joel and the babies. It's so full of love and hope and family, I think it's perfect for you and yours. Here's a link to the video if you haven't heard it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD9CrZODlNA