Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The party.

I thought and thought about their party this year. Red Butte Gardens? Wheeler Farm? Just a family party? I finally decided on something that I thought would include most all of their favorite things. A party that started at home with their friends with fresh batches of play-doh, a train table, a dress up station (mostly for their friend Vera who loves to dress up:) , their boat and fishing poles, and cup cakes (the essential for Amelia) and then moved on to a train ride on the FrontRunner (mostly for Sam:).

It was so much fun to have all of our friends over at one time. Amelia relished in it and I think their little friends had fun. Sam, however, was pretty overwhelmed with everyone and pretty much melted down the entire time. Poor buddy. Poor mama. Poor little friends who attempted to play with his trains. Next year we may have to have a split party or something as I just hate to see him so obviously overwhelmed.

Overall, though, I think it was really fun:) And can I just say that without my mom-in-love it would not have happened--at least not at all like I pictured it!











Part two was great and Sam had so much fun riding the train and playing underneath a big old railroad car while the rest of us picnicked. The sweetest moment with him was when I went to check on him under there and saw all of his little trains lined up and he was just talking away with them, so content.




So, that was it--their three year old party! We sure missed our friends and family in Texas but are so thankful for our wonderful friends here!!! Jen

2 comments:

ann.e said...

It was the perfect little toddler party! Everything looked so sweet and perfect. I know Vera had such a great time - as did we. And I do love those pictures of Sam under the train :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, loved the picture of Vera with the flower hat! And I have to agree...the pictures under the train were priceless. I also love the pic of Super Amelia!
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all... well, almost all. Great job Jenny and Shari!!!!
Love you so much,
Mom