Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Who made it?"

This is the question Amelia asked as she tried on a new hat I bought today. "Ummm, looks like someone in Peru made it", I answered while thinking what a surprising question that was. Then I smiled as I thought about it and realized that so many things that are special to her were hand-made by people in our family. Their barn and several chairs and trucks and other toys were made by their Grandpa Jim, Grandma Shari embroidered a special pillow case for Amelia and shirt for Sam, she cuddles with a blanket made by her Mammy, her Auntie Tara has made them all kinds of goodness...the list goes on (but does not include their mama--boo!). Anyway, it makes me happy to think that in her mind, "things" are made by people she knows and loves. It's something I hope to keep as a reality as much as possible. Not only with "stuff", but with food as well. Because really, it's a question we should all ask, isn't it?
_____________________________________

2 comments:

ann.e said...

I love it! Sweet little lesson from your little one :)

Sara said...

You know, my friend, others have made sweet things for them over the years, but you are making for them a happy, secure, educational and spiritually sound childhood. What could be better than that? Maybe it sounds corny, but there it is. Love you and always looking up to you,
Sasa