Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Becoming a home...

Little by little, our new house is becoming our home. Ryhthems are being established, play spaces created, new friends made, old friends joining in. I still feel like there is a long way to go before it feels like our "nest", but I am trying to relax and create as I have the time, energy, and inspiration. Here are some pictures of a (unfinished) space I created during nap time...I think they approved:)





By the way, the dollhouse was supposed to be our Christmas present for Amelia, but it was found this morning (Merry Christmas in November, sweet girl!). I happened upon it at a children's consignment shop on Saturday and almost died. It is made by the same company (Elves and Angels) that created one of the barns Grandpa Jim based his design off of to make the babes' barn. The dollhouse was a fraction of the price that the company sells it for and came with tons of furniture. I felt like I had found a secret treasure. If they don't spend lots of time playing with it, I will.

We also opened up the dress-up suitcase yesterday. Amelia insisted on wearing her heels all day today:)


In fact, she wore them this morning as we walked to McDonalds to get "ice cream" (fruit and yogurt parfaits). While we were ordering Amelia said, "Melia would like live here." " Melia have fun live here." Hee hee. I couldn't believe it. It doesn't even have a playground and she doesn't know what Happy Meal toys are and so I don't know what she thinks would be so much fun about it:) She got several smiles as she click clacked around in her fancy heels!

One of the things I am working on is trying to create little times of individual nurturing for them. Sam's is walking to the train tracks every day and sitting next to each other talking about the trains. (Amelia is there, but not really into it:) She is quite the baker and I have been trying to bake with her when she wakes up from naps as Sam always sleeps longer.



So, slowly, slowly we settle in. There are good days and challenging ones, just like in every home I guess, but as we feel settled I feel our good days becoming more frequent and for that I am very, very thankful.

All for now,
Jen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amelia looks like Mammy when she is "Fancy Nancy". :) I definitely think that they approved of the play space!
Love the house. What a find!
Love you all,
Mammy

Unknown said...

love that crown ;)

ann.e said...

I love the pictures of Amelia! both her fancy dress up and cookin with mama :)