Monday, November 16, 2009

Moments of wonder...

The other day it was snowing pretty heavily when Amelia came downstairs from her nap. She excitedly exclaimed about the snow and snuggled up next to me on the couch to watch it. I started singing a song and she asked me to sing a different song, "bout snow". All I could think of was "White Christmas" and so I started singing it. I looked over at her a minute later and she was looking up at me with the cutest expression of wonder I have ever seen. Her eyebrows were arched, her eyes were wide and she was trying not to show the smile waiting to burst forth. It was a look that said, " Why have I never heard this incredible song before?!" Even now, thinking back I get tears in my eyes. It was just so sweet and so magical, and it is those moments that make all of the mundane, frustrating, tedious moments (and there are many) of mothering fade away.

All for now,
Jen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same reaction when I hear White Christmas. It's hereditary! I love this. Has she watched the movie yet or the youtube of that song?
Love you all!
Mammy

ann.e said...

:) It's so good to document all these sweet moments!