Sunday, November 08, 2009

He said, She said.

Sam: Look Mena, there's a plane.
Amelia: Where the plane?
S: I don't know plane is.
A: Where?
S: I don't know plane is Mena.
A: Where?
S: I don't know Mena. (This sequence times ten at least--finally they moved on:)
A: Where Becky? (We drove by friend's house and they weren't there)
S: I don't know Becky is, Mena. At gardens.
A: No, not at gardens.
S. In Texas.
A: No, not in Texas.
S: There a building.
A: That's true. There's a storm plane (?)
S: That's right Mena. There's a storm plane.
A: Where's God?
S: I don't know Mena. We're goin down, down, down (we were driving down a hill)
A: That's true Sambo.

Joel and I sat as quiet as little mice in the front seat just dying with how adorable their little conversation was and not wanting it to end. Their little voices, hearing them figure out how to construct sentences, their affirmations to each other....so precious.

Other funny conversations:
At breakfast:
Sam: This is old (granola).
Amelia: No, not old, just crunchy!
Sam: No, not crunchy. It's old.
Amelia: That's crazy!

In the car on the way to the "Forrest" (park w/ woods):
Sam: Sambo wants to go to the forrest. Sambo wants to go to the forrest. Sambo wants to go to the forrest. Sambo wants to go ....
Amelia: Alright, Alright!!

That's all I can think of for now. Just had to record these while they were fresh on my mind! Jen

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear those conversations! Joel needs to tell the grasshopper story on the blog. I can't stop laughing!
Love you so much,
Mammy

ann.e said...

I LOVE IT! so stinkin cute and makes me wish again that V had a little built-in playmate!

imagiNAYtion creations said...

Simply adorable! Miss you guys!

Oberg family said...

As you can see I put my comment under my other blog site. Sorry! Hope you are doing well! XOXO
Naomi, Ryan and Gavin

Jocelyn said...

oh my goodness.... that is so sweet. right now riyah and adrian talk babble (with random words thrown in) to each other- but appear to know what the other is talking about and it's great! I can't wait to get to this- full conversations... just precious. thank you so much for sharing them- brought a smile to my face and a giggle to my belly.