Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Meanwhile...

Life is happening beyond the "big girl bed", though it still is the big news around here. At least it is big news to Joel and I. Amelia is pretty laid back about the whole thing! I know I said I was through with the updates, but I can't help myself from saying that she climbed right in at nap time and went to sleep! OK, really, I'm moving on.

We have started taking the babes to a music class on Tuesday mornings. It is through a program called Youth City Artways and I had heard such wonderful things about it that I thought we'd give it a try. It is wonderful! My personal favorite time is when we snuggle with our little ones while the teacher plays the guitar and we sing "You are my Sunshine." Awwww. They get to experience lots of different instruments, learn about rhythm and control (Shake, shake shake, STOP. Shake, shake, shake, SLOW. Etc.) It is so much fun to have Joelie with us as it is his day off. Sam is really digging the whole thing. He is our little music man. Amelia is usually rolling around on the floor by the end of class and mostly enjoys the play ground time afterwards:)
Here they are on the play ground. I love it because it is just their size and we are always the only ones on it!!

Let's see, Sammy is really into this new activity called Teddy Mix and Match. It is a memory game but I just keep the cards right side up and he goes to town finding all of the matching pairs. I love to watch him do it. He started out just sitting long enough to find a few pairs but the last time he played he focused long enough to match all but two pairs. Meanwhile Amelia runs around and occasionally picks a bear up to rock or hug or something:) Sammy amazes me with his attention span sometimes. Yesterday he worked so hard on his "play-dough sculpture" and was so proud when he finished it. I just wanted to eat him up.



There have been farm visits and our friend Evan moving in with us for a while while he starts PA school and finds housing for he and his soon to be bride, an "adopt a refugee family" program through the IRC that we are about to begin....life is full here and it is good. Growing and changing and refining for all of us.



All for now, Jen

1 comment:

Sasa said...

I LOVE Sammy's new hat! He is such a cool little dude. And I can totally picture Amelia doing her own free-spirited thing during music class. :)