Monday, May 18, 2009

Anatomy 101: Amelia style



So, a couple of days ago I walked into our room and saw Amelia sitting on the bed intently looking at my People magazine-- a girl after my own heart:) Ahem. Anyway, she kept pointing at a page and saying, "Milk, milk" and so I assumed it was a milk advertisment or something. When I got closer I saw that it was, in fact, a summer swimsuit spread of celebrities in their bikinis. Their tops were quite skimpy and Amelia was pointing to their exposed flesh exclaiming, "Milk! Milk!" :) She is still quite enamored with breast feeding and obviously remembers it well. She loves to watch babies nursing, loves to nurse her babies and animals, loves to point at women's chests and exclaim "Milk!" What a funny bunny she is.

She did something similar when we were shopping in a clothing store a few weeks ago. There were big posters of girls in swimsuits and she kept pointing and yelling, "Milk! Milk!' The sales girl kept looking at us with a mixed expression of " Oh what a cute little girl, why is she saying milk?" I just acted like I was completely perplexed as well:)

In other news, Sam surprised me yesterday by counting to 10! So, here are the little ragamuffins outside today eating pudding after playing in water in the warm, warm sun. They are dirty, one has no clothes on, but at least the grandparents get to see Sammy in action! Is his little voice not the sweetest thing ever? The other clip is Amelia re-discovering what eyebrows are( Just so you don't get confused, she has been calling Sammy "sister" lately. It is so strange.)Oh, anyone want to take a guess at what Amelia is whispering to her baby as she says, "Shhh shhh shhh" in the last clip? It took me a second to figure out what it was.

Lastly, I know this picture is blurry but I love it still. Sammy had stolen a toy from Amelia (or something) and I had asked him to say he was sorry and give her a hug. He came over to give her a hug and they just kept hugging and hugging. Then they stopped and then Sam said, "More hug" and they would smile and hug again. This went on long enough for me to grab the camera and get this one fleeting shot. So precious.


All for tonight. I have been having terrible allergies and think I'll just go to bed! Jen

4 comments:

Elizabeth K. Lewis said...

Jenny!!! I love seeing your kids so up close and interacting, talking, their personalities are exuberant! So fun- thanks for sharing! Love, Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that video was sooo fun
Mammie's coming!

Jami said...

so, inquiring minds want to know....what was she saying?

Jenny said...

Oh right:) She was saying, "Shh shhh punkin, Shh shhh punkin". It is so funny hearing the things I say all the time parroted from Amelia to her babes!