Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Coming soon...



Okay, not REAL soon. I'm a planning on a potty training boot camp in July--when my mama comes (surprise mom!). I wasn't sure they were even interested because they don't like sitting on the big potty at all. So, I saw this potty at a consignment shop and picked it up, intending to save it for boot camp later this summer. As soon as Amelia saw it she started trying to pull her diaper down to sit on it! So, here she is practicing:) It is now hidden away until I am ready to start this process. Any mamas of boy/girl twins out there that want to give some wisdom on the subject?
All for now, Jen

P.S. The "new bed" process is still chugging along just fine. Nap time went by the wayside for a few days and it got me a little worried (not getting out of bed but just not sleeping and waking Sam up in the process --grrr.), but today was back to normal--thank goodness! I have started playing some classical music in the nursery the past few nights and that has seemed to help them fall asleep a bit faster. Always an adventure!

5 comments:

Court said...

Jen ~ it was great to chat with you this afternoon...and to share in our adventures in parenting toddlers :) I can't wait to hear all about potty boot camp b/c I have a feeling you'll be there before me :( Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Loved your statement "until I am ready." Hee hee. I worked at a daycare ctr. for 5 years (6mon- 3yrs. old). We always knew if the child knew what to do, you were probably going to have a smooth transition. Your independent child will probably be at the toilet without even telling you! One growing step for babies, one giant sigh for mom...have fun!

Esther said...

How cute is she, all naked on the potty except for some Babylegs! Adorable. Keep us posted, I've potty trained two boys, so I'm interested how it goes for a girl! (My Emma is 20 months... I'm not ready yet either.)

Sasa said...

These photos need to be saved to for her wedding montage someday. So glad to hear about Isaac! And how did the first visit go with your new friends last night?

Unknown said...

Echo just went and got her potty and pulled her undies off and sat down. then she stuck the kitty on the potty to pee pee. nice.